X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padre-about that 83 CJ...

Tell me about your rebuilt engine and webber carb...
    did you do the rebuild yourself? And what happened to make you decide it was time for rebuild?
    How is webber carb? What difference did it make? Were you having problems before?

was having blow bye! the cab lot more power

Comment

Sorry to be a knucklehead, by what is blow by?

Comment

value job !

Comment

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at a blown head gasket, and while that is being repaired, I'm wondering about upgrading my carb...heard alot about MC2100, but not webber. Right now, the carb is stock.

Comment

carb

added a lot hp and better milage !

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigan55 View Post
              The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at a blown head gasket, and while that is being repaired, I'm wondering about upgrading my carb...heard alot about MC2100, but not webber. Right now, the carb is stock.
              I upgraded the intake manifold at the same time as the carb. I used a MC2100 but the Clifford manifold I used said the Webber is a great carb and the one they prefer

Comment

just my opinion but we went with the MC2100 on the son's 86. very happy with it. the weber can be a good carb but can be tempermental also. MC2100 is less expensive, easy to rebuild, and gives good all around performance.

Comment

Working...
                X