X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj 7 brake question

I currently have a disk/drum manual brake setup and purchashed a powerbrake setup off ebay came with booster/master do I need to put a after market prop valve on due to pressure issue? Also if so what do I do with the one on frame and where can I. Get a good plug n play valve?

I would run it with the existing valve. WSince it was drum/disc before hand there should be no difference between the power and non power. The brake split should still be the same.

Comment

i agree with highlandercj-7, the prop valve simply splits the pressure front to rear. if you put discs in the rear you would need to get a prop valve that takes some of the braking off of the rear going for a 70/30 split instead of a 60/40 split (numbers are not exact just to give an idea). oh and you would need to remove the residual pressure valve on the master cylinder rear port so the rear disc brakes don't drag. and by that i'm saying that drums are set up to drag just a little, completely normal, just figured i'd include all this in the rare case that somebody with dragging rear brakes does a search before they ask why.

as far as the conversion from non power assist to power assist brakes i'm against it. simply because stalling on a long hill and not being able to restart can be death for a jeeper with power brakes. lets just say i'm glad i don't have em.

Comment

I am considering the same set up. How happy are you with the power brakes? Thanks, Roger 330-207-9250

Comment

I did mine for about 100 bucks and love it, here is how I did mine.
          http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum...pic.php?t=2992

Comment

Working...
          X