Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED flasher

Search = zero on this.

I have LED's in the rear and standard 1157 bulbs in the front. I flash out of step and kind of all over like I've been drinking or something. I have see some info on here about using a differant flasher. Anyone have a P/N or recommend what flasher I should use. I just stopped at Napa and LED flashers run from $30-$45. I did 1st check to make sure all grounds are good.

Is it possible ya got to go with LED's in both front and back for the flasher to work right. I remember a post on here about running LED's and um not working right until the flasher was changed. Will do some diggin. As far as I know LED's don't pull any where near the current as conventional bulbs. Thats why the flasher is going Bonkers on ya.

Comment

I have LED tail lights (rear directionals), and factory front directionals. I have a standard flasher. The lights blink just slightly faster than non-LED's. The difference is so slight, that I'm not going to change the flasher.

Rich

Comment

i have 4" led's front and rear.you need a tridon part# EL12 electronic flasher.mine have been in for almost a year,,,,,work fine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rixcj View Post
          I have LED tail lights (rear directionals), and factory front directionals. I have a standard flasher. The lights blink just slightly faster than non-LED's. The difference is so slight, that I'm not going to change the flasher.

Rich
          Before my dash build I had the same setup (LED/standard bulb) like you and it worked as you stated. As Redtail says LED's pull a lot less amps to run, what I'm not sure of with the LED flasher if it will work the standard 1157 bulbs, I'm afraid it may not create enough amps to light them.
          I know I said it worked before and now it doesn't which points directly to my wiring detail, but I'm pretty comfortable it is wired as it should be. However on my original fuse block (now gone) there was the round flaser for the turn signals and also a small, I think it's a automatic resetable fuse. The thing is about 3/4" long 1/2 high and plugged into a normal fuse socket. I did not reinstall it. I wonder if maybe it is part of the turn signal circuirt?

Comment

Working...
          X