Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside cowl to floor door hinge braces?

Hey all,

Now that I have ordered the new floor I'm looking for advice on the braces that go from the floor to the top of the dash panel inside the front of the doors. They reinforce the hinges so the steel doors don't warp the side panels. Mine are rusted at the bottom and it would be nice if someone made a replacement. Also, the ones that go behind the door openings where the seat belts attach are also rusted at the bottom. We could make patches and weld them in but it would be nice if I could get complete pieces. I remember seeing something about them on some forum but can't seem to narrow the search enough here to find any useful information. As likely as the floors are to rust out, it seems strange that no one makes a replacement for these.

Thanks,

I've never seen any repops for those pieces. The ones in front of the door should be pretty easy to duplicate, can't recall what the ones in back look like at the moment. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by NOCHEEPGAS View Post
      I've never seen any repops for those pieces. The ones in front of the door should be pretty easy to duplicate, can't recall what the ones in back look like at the moment. Good luck.
      Ditto on what nocheep said...I've never seen those items as an aftermarket option other than in a new tub. Try collins brothers, if they're available they'll know about it.

Comment

Working...
      X