X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer Install

Got a lead on a quality tach for my 258. How hard to install? Will need to cut a hole in the dash but other than that run a wire or two to where?

The Tach should come with instructions. They usually are capable of being hooked up to either a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder, and the instructions will tell which wires to cut so you get the correct feed for your 6. I think one lead goes to the + side if the dizzy, then you should also have a connection for the dash light. All in all I believe it's pretty straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by NOCHEEPGAS View Post
      The Tach should come with instructions. They usually are capable of being hooked up to either a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder, and the instructions will tell which wires to cut so you get the correct feed for your 6. I think one lead goes to the + side if the dizzy, then you should also have a connection for the dash light. All in all I believe it's pretty straight forward.
      correct, to the dizzy

Comment

Geep, your sig has an HEI upgrade in it. Most of them have a tab for the tach connection.

Comment

Indeed I have the HEI distributor and will look for the tab. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X