Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
gas tank questions Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gas tank questions

    I removed the gas tank on my 74 CJ5 over two years ago. I have painted it and coated the inside. I'm ready to put it back on but I'm having some slight doubts. First, I'm replacing the float and filter assembly. At the top, there is two tubes. All my manuals, (Haynes, Chilton's and Service Manual) only show one tube, and I know that the line to the fuel pump attaches to one. But which one and what does the other one attach to? Also, there are two tubes sticking out the opposite top side of the tank from the filler tube. Also according to the above manuals, these are vapor tubes, one goes to the charcoal canister at the front of the vehicle. But nothing on where the second tube goes. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

  • #2
    Not sure about the '74 but I think (now I realize that may not be worth much these days) that the other tube on the oposite side is a vent line that goes to a roll over check valve. Tee second tube near the one that doesn't supply fuel may be a return line?

    Then again I could be full of sh!+


    • #3
      I have the same set up: one line from the tank to fuel filter in, other line that side is fuel filter return. I'm assuming you have the stock fuel filter. The two lines opposite are like noceep says, one to the roll over check valve to the cannister and the other right to the cannister itself.


      • #4
        Thanks guys!