X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to fit 35's

Hey everyone its been a while since ive been on here but i have a new question, any help or advise is welcome. I have a 82 cj7 with 31x10.50 with a 2.5 skyjacker suspension lift. Im obsessed with the idea of putting 35's on and im not crazy about the look of A 3 inch body lift, My suspension lift is less that 2 years old. Would i need 7 inches of total lift and if so would a spring over with the 2.5 inch lift springs be a good idea i heard that spring over reduces the quality of ride on the road but im willing to make small sacrafices for the 35's, any advise is welcome. Thanks everyone

Since you can do 33s with just a you could probably do 35s with a and your 2.5 lift + maybe a 1" body. depends on your driving style...

JP mag put 35s on an unlifted TJ...

Comment

you didn't say how you drive. large rocks or mostly street? 35's will fit with just the addition of a BL, but you'll rub like crazy if you flex. an SOA is a good solution if you have either a lot of knowledge and tools or a lot of money to spend on someone elses knowledge and tools.

personally, i love a 1" BL. it doesn't show too much frame gap but allows you much easier access to things between the body and whatever may be right below it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the lack of info. im highway, beach and light trail nothing to rocky and i have access to tools, lifts, ect. So the 35's would fit with a 1 inch body and what about a 1/2inch to 1 inch shakel lift any advise on that?

Comment

you may need the sawzall bud, i can clear 35's on my cj with a 2inch body lift...but i also got bushwaker cutout flares and cut a bunch of material out...i also have to keep my sway connected to run em to...used a set of em for about 2 weeks to see if i could cause one of my friends got 38.5's and was gonna throw his old ones away, so i borrowed em for a little. i run 31's normally and unconnected sway. my 35's will be getting put on in about 2 weeks. but with your 2.5 spring liff, a 1inch body, and stay connected you can prolly clear em pretty easy just dont go nuts and disconnect then go flexing it out like crazy cause you will eat a fender up quicker then you can say ouch.

Comment

you said you do highway, beach and light trail. don't worry about stuffing tires too much. what about the full traction shackle reverse? gives you an extra 2" and a better highway ride. for $250 you can't go wrong. I think the combined 4.5" would be fine. If you want insurance, a 1" body lift would do the trick. That will probably be my setup when I get ready/money to do some more mods.

Comment

Working...
            X