X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery survival

After sitting for well over a year my CJ was started up yesterday again.
    I had the battery in the CJ all the time, just one terminal unconnected. I was sure the battery would be dead after all that time and after sitting there all winter long. BUT, after quite some turns before the carb got enough fuel the engine fired up. That battery's just great. It's a Banner UniBull, not sure if you get those over there...
    So the CJ is back on the road, running strong, just needs new brakefluid and pads up front and some bodywork (hood) and some framework (minor rust).
    Will take her out to a Jeep meeting we organized for the weekend in an old coal mine.

Sweet! Good to hear that you got it going again!

Comment

Toralf, glad to hear the planned work as planned.

Make sure to take some pics of your trip and post them up.

Comment

Since the JK is back to the dealership for good due to all those problems I had the CJ keeps me in the Jeeping world. Driving the CJ again made me feel great. Missed the lil' blue beast...
        My DD for now is a 13 year old VW Passat stationwagon TDI that does 40-50 mpg but it's not a Jeep and I am looking for a GC as a daily driver or if I find a good one a Land Rover Discovery diesel.
        Rodney, if the CJ is done till Saturday (the brake fluid change turned into more than just that... do broken screws ring a bell?) and weather plays along I will take and post pics. The weather might be a problem since it's raining cats and dogs over here and that mine is in danger of flooding and will not be open for wheeling... hold your fingers crossed.

Comment

Good to see the CJ is back on the road. I can't wait to get over there and help you work on it!

In an attempt to steal your thread, what really are the laws governing the CJ in Germany? I am really torn up about getting rid of mine.

Comment

Yup, it's great to have the CJ back on the road, I missed drving the lil' beast. And help is always welcome Chris, so hurry up!

My CJ is registered as a historical vehicle, so I have to keep it original. But for you there's the advantage of being an American in the Armed forces service here which means you can bring it over and all you have to meet is smog and the tires have to be covered and no sharp edges up front and on the side.

Comment

That news won't make my wife happy. But it makes me happy!

Comment

LOL I thought so.... and that's what my better half told me... LOL

Comment

Working...
                X