X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding oil to CJ5 304 V8 -

I brought a 1979 Jeep with original 304 V8 and want to change the oil. It has an aftermarket performance manifold (Edelbrock I believe) and a 4-barrel carb, so it doesn't have the 12" "add oil" tube in the front of manifold. The aftermarket chrome valve covers each have a push-on cap in the rear top side.

Without the oil tube, does the oil go directly in the valve covers? Do I split the oil up by adding some to each side?

Thanks!

Whether its an Edelbrock intake or not, It should have the tube on the front of the engine. Are you sure its not a Chevy engine? They are typically filled through the valve cover. You should be ok going directly into the valve cover. Do you have a pic of the engine?

Comment

It all ends up in the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by adamcj-5 View Post
        Whether its an Edelbrock intake or not, It should have the tube on the front of the engine. Are you sure its not a Chevy engine? They are typically filled through the valve cover. You should be ok going directly into the valve cover. Do you have a pic of the engine?
        I don't have a pic with me. It looks like a plug was inserted about the place the 2" diameter tube would normally be.

Comment

Pour it into valve cover, side doesn't mater.

Comment

Thank you; I thought as much but had to make sure - I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
            X