X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painless wiring ?

I am planing to rewire my '79 cj7, the quadratec catalog list 2 different wiring harness. one says { factory preterminated replacement harness assembly for'76-'86 Cj } the other says { complete harness assembly '75 & newer }. One is about a $100 more than the other. Can anyone tell me the differance in the two harnesses because have no clue!!

The pre terminated already has the end connectors on the harness (and is probably the one that costs more). The regular one just has bare wires on the end and you have to supply the end terminals.

BTW, 4wdh sells painless kits also.

Comment

thanks for the info, i thought thats what it ment but i wanted to be sure about it!
      Last edited by mudbug; 08-16-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

the painless harness came in yesterday. took it out of the box, scatered it out on the living room floor (to the wife's dislike) and started looking it over. This harness couldn't be made much simpler! Everything is labeled and it has all the bits and piceses, even came with the blubs for the side markers in the fenders! I would recomend this kit to anyone that is thinking of rewiring their CJ!!

Comment

next on my list to do! Let me know how it goes and any potential problems to avoid. Thanks mudbug.

Comment

Not a problem, i'll keep you updated but it'll be a month or two before the harness goes in, got a little body work to do not to mention the body is coming off the frame so it can be cleaned and painted top to bottom.

Comment

Working...
            X