X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting to Hydraulic Clutch

I'm thinking of getting rid of my mechanical linkage on my clutch petal and installing a hydraulic set up. Has anyone done this, is there a conversion kit? Is there a junkyard vehicle I could possibly find all the stuff I need?

Pedal assembly out of a YJ or early 90's wrangler- they ran hydraulic clutches and it will bolt right up- the tricky part will be bolting up the slave cylinder-look into a wilwood one. They sell 'em at Summit for like $75.

Comment

Cool, I have a SBC 350 in my jeep now, so I'll look into getting a master cylinder from a YJ, and get the same size slave cylinder that will bolt up to the bellhousing of the 350, doesn't sound like this will be too hard, but thanks for the idea, that gets me going in the right direction.

Comment

Oh cool- I'm doing the same swap- 350 w/ sm465 tranny. The only problem I've ran into is the thread difference- the wrangler master cylinder has 7/16x24 thread and the chevy slave cylinder has 12x1mm thread. So I'm still pondering how to make a line....

Comment

Partsmike.com has a nice kit available that I bought for mine. Good instructions and everything you need. You could source it all seperately a little cheaper likely but this is nice and easy and you can call him for help if you need it.

Comment

late model CJ's also had hydro clutches too. You can either buy replacement parts and install those and a conversion kit from several places around the net.

Comment

Working...
            X