X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shackle Mounts

For those of you who have built your own bumpers, where did you get your shackle mount? I'm trying to find them that go all the way through to use as the shackle mount and the bumper mount as well. If not, I would settle for the shackle mount.

Did you use your own? If so, 3/4 inch thick or 1 inch thick? Thank you for any assistance on this one as well.

HMMMM... I built both front and rear bumpers and the shackle mounts are mounted to the frame, not the bumper. I built a shackle reverse for the front and welded it to the frame.

BTW. Glad you made it back from Afghanistan safely!

Comment

I'm thinking you misunderstood which shackle mount I was meaning. The bumper shackle mount...for Jeep recovery. Not for the suspension. I'm rebuilding my bumper, and want to weld in the shackle mount all the way through the bumper so the shackle mount is also the bumper mount on the frame.

Comment

Hey 47....long time no talk. This is what I did. You are talking recovery point right? I have since mounted tow points to this...you could do d rings or something, but it serves as a tow point, mount for a winch, frame brace for the steering and a recovery point. It's also simple.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC_0665.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X