X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jeep is whistling

So now I have developed a whistle. It happens after the jeep warms up and only when my foot comes off the gas completely. Seems to only happen at higher RPM's. Any ideas? Vacuum leak somewhere? Carb not tightened enough? What could this be.

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jeep Driver View Post
      Sounds like a vacuum leak to me.
      X2. You already mentioned all of the places I would check. You could try spraying carb/intake cleaner around the intake manifold and see if the idle increases any. That would be a way to tell if there is a leak around the intake. Same thing withthe base plate of the carb.

Those old rubber vacuum lines tend to get brittle and crack. Those are likely culprits as well. You could just get an extra length of vacuum line and use it to temprorarily replace various pieces of line until you notice a change. Then you know that last line was where the leak is and replace it.

Comment

I second the manifold leak..bet the gasket slipped or the bolts backed out a little

Comment

Since it only happens after warm up, I suspect it's not due to a hose. They are not affected by temps. x3 on the manifold.

Comment

I will certainly check the manifold when I have a moment. Would it change your mind if I told you that I recently had a new tranny and bellhousing put in? I will certainly check the manifold when I have a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GEEP View Post
              I will certainly check the manifold when I have a moment. Would it change your mind if I told you that I recently had a new tranny and bellhousing put in? I will certainly check the manifold when I have a moment.
              If it was squealing it might!

Semantics, semantics..............

Comment

Working...
              X