X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny will not go into gear

Doing a complete frame off resto and ready to test drive. Rebuilt engine, tranny , and tranfer case, Flywheel was polished, new pressure plate, throw out bearing the works problem is it will not go into gear. What did I do wrong, boy Im sure going to hate having to drop all this stuff out again. Im open to all suggestions Thanks 81 CJ-7 258 I6 4 speed manual T-176 tranny

Will it go into gear when the Jeep is not running?

Comment

Yes I can shift the shifter threw all the gears but I just don't feel the tension or noise like you would hear when its engaging

Comment

I would start simple then. Did you remember the gear shift pins? Did you get them in the right holes? Is your shift ball in the socket on the top of the inside of your tranny?

Comment

did you install clutch backwards? sounds stupid but i did it once and didnt find out till it was back togeather.... wouldn't go into gear...

Comment

Well I came out of this good alll I needed to do was put the transfer case in 2wd and wham off we went, like the saying goes the smallest things can go wrong. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X