X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley Pro-Jection system

Has anyone ran the Holley Pro-Jection system on a Jeep with a 258? I have a 86 CJ7 with the 258 and am thinking of some kind of injection system.

http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/

http://www.customefis.com/index.html

I went with the second one. I just finished installing it and took it for its first test drive last night. It started right up and ran better than ever. I will send the first log file tommorrow and he will tune the chip. He claims he will do this as often as neccesary to get it right. One complaint was it took a long time to get it (6 months).
    Last edited by 83greencj7; 04-25-2005, 11:54 AM.

Comment

83greenCJ,
      I was considering this system for my 84CJ7, I have a stock I-6 with computer. Did you just remove all of the old computer for the new system? Did you notice a gain in performance?

Comment

When I got my CJ the PO had already put in the 360 and stripped out the computer. I know this system has its own computer and sensors. It also replaces thge duraspark ignition with a GM module. I did the TFI upgrade at the same time and I can get a smooth idle at 650 RPM. It does run better and I hope to get better MPG. I was only getting about 10 before. Other than the long delivery I am very happy so far.

Comment

I did the Mopar kit 2 years ago never looked back. DP

Comment

There is a lot of tuning and tweeking with the pro jection. If your just starting you might be better with a Howell Kit. They are easy to install and the computer does all the adjusting. Probably not as efficient as the "customefis" sytem but they do run really nice. Just my 2.

Comment

A big thing to look for is timing control. It is available with the GM based systems and is a big advantage. It is standard in the customefis kit and an option from most others.

Comment

Decided to bring this one back instead of starting a new one. I'm very seriously considering the Howell kit for my AMC304. I dont have to worry about smog so the intake is being changed too.

Would you suggest a Performer intake or Torker with the Howell kit. The jeep is mainly driven on the street right now, but that is soon to change. I use it in the desert, rocks, and local mountains.

Which intake would you suggest, or am i going the wrong direction all together. Any input would appriceated.

Comment

Don't have my book in front of me, but I think the torquer is a single plane manifold. Single planes are great for racing, (high RPM) but you want a dual plane manifold for low end torque and fuel economy. For a daily drier, look at the basic RPM range in the catalog description, if it does not say "IDLE to" whatever... Then keep looking. Just my $.02

Comment

torker is "3500-7500". 7500!!! Do you rev your 304 that high? Not me. I'd go performer, it's rated to work best from idle-5500. That should be perfect for a jeep.

Comment

Well with the full pucker affect and a mild seizure in the right leg, i might get to the 7500 rpm range. I guess that would probably cause more damage than necessary though huh??? All kidding aside, point taken, and I don't normally run the mud drags so I guess the torker is out. Thanks for the input on that.

As for the Howell or similar set ups.... how hard is the install? Does it require a lot of electrical experience or is it pretty much a follow the instuctions deal?

Comment

Working...
                      X