Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around Cincinnati I get about 85% waves back. Which I guess is kind of surprising since most jeeps here are just stock. *wonder how they even know*

Comment

manual steering wave back

When I first took the 63 CJ out with the manual steering I took my hand off the wheel and crossed two ditches and almost took out a fence. The other jeep came back and we were laughing so hard at my stupidity I forgot about almost killing myself. At this point I give the two finger and head nod. I don't wave to the hummers, i just leave them at the light smelling the fumes from the purple hornies and the 350 SBC. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA......

Dana

Comment

I now wave at all the wranglers, a guy waved at me the other day ..... so far the jeep people I've met are super nice. Talked to a guy about his lift at the gas station the other day and they guy I bought my wheels and tires from was nice enuff to put them on for me.

Comment

In Portland Oregon it depends on time of year and location. In town about 30%, out of town on a spring day 95%+. I always wave first if I see them. It sure is true about jeepers . But for the jeep owners "they don't understand, it's a jeep thing!".

Comment

In this part of Va. we wave at just about everybody. We have a college in our little town now and there seems to be alot of Jeeps" TJ's and YJ's" and some wave, and others don't. I'd say it is about 90% waves.

Comment

Hey dirtling GO PORTLAND! I live in vancouver we should go on a run sometime but anywho. I wave at all jeeps that are modified and i return any wave i receive. Modified i would say almost always none almost never.

Comment

Maybe its just that I grew up in WV, in the coal belt, and if you wave, you get a wave back, wether you know the person or not...

I personaly think its just that Charleston grew way too fast, and people are just snobbish here now. I have heard from alot of native Charlestonian's that before Hugo, it was a very frienly southern town, where everybody waved at everybody... I guess I need to move out to the country, where people still know how to be civil LOL.

Just a side note, drove past the local Jeep Store, and saw a SWB JK sitting on 35s with a winch, custom fr bumper and what looked like the Hutchison bead lock wheels, that are now an option. You just know some kid is going to see that and get Mommy and Daddy to buy it, and it will never ever ever see a dirt road, much less a mountain trail LOL

Comment

Western CO

In Western CO I usualy get a wave back about 75% of the time but it really does depend on where I am at. In town not so much but everywhere else most of the time.

Comment

I see a lot of "new" and first time Jeepers around here, many of whom don't wave back, but I just keep on waving anyway... figuring eventually they'll catch on.

And I just love the lil' chair-shot guy... so any excuse is fine!

Comment

in houston i get probably a 1% return or less. no joke either. most of them are yuppies who don't even know about the wave, think they're better than you, or the people who do know it see my stock zj and think i'm a stupid high school yuppie. anyway you look at it it's annoying.

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity waver, depends on the day....the number that are returned.
                        Higher percentage during the summer and when I'm driving the CJ

Comment

Originally posted by battallion14
                          If it is lifted I will wave regardless if it is a TJ, YJ, CJ, XJ, ZJ, WJ, KJ, SJ, etc. If it is stock I will wait for a wave before waving back.
                          yeah... i'll wave at a non-stock jeep... but i get sick and tired of waving and not getting waves back. last time i checked it was a "jeep" wave and not a "wrangler" wave. i can wave till my arms are sore in the ZJ and get nothing... but the moment i drive my friend's TJ i'm getting more waves in one mile than i do in a month when i drive the ZJ... and the d@mn TJ is stock

in all honesty, i'm quite disappointed with the whole wave thing...

Comment

Where I am in Wa, I always get waves from modified Jeeps. The stock ones you get 65-70% of the time. I initiate them about half the time. Don't know about you guys/gals, but there is another etiquette here as well: If you stop at a light next to another jeep (esp. modified CJ/YJ/TJ/XJ/ZJ), you talk jeep mods through the window!

<rant>
                            There is one long-haired hippie dude I have been passing every morning for 2 year in his stock YJ. I waved at him almost daily for about 3 months. He just looked at me like I was some stupid redneck, so I gave up. Now I give him the finger every morning... Some day I'm gonna see him in a parking lot and steal his keys and set his Jeep free.... Smelly hippie bastard should be driving an old Subaru or something anyway.</rant>

Comment

Originally posted by muddyjeep
                              yeah... i'll wave at a non-stock jeep... but i get sick and tired of waving and not getting waves back. last time i checked it was a "jeep" wave and not a "wrangler" wave. i can wave till my arms are sore in the ZJ and get nothing... but the moment i drive my friend's TJ i'm getting more waves in one mile than i do in a month when i drive the ZJ... and the d@mn TJ is stock

in all honesty, i'm quite disappointed with the whole wave thing...

Honestly I am guilty on this one. I wave at all Jeeps that I can recognise as a Jeep. But with soccer Betty piloting her Cherokee or Grand I often don't even recognise it. Mind you living in Toronto I don't even see many of the Wranglers that pass by because of all of the morons in city traffic you have to watch out for. Self preservation takes precedance over the wave in the big city.

As a rule all Wranglers and ALL Jeeps set up for offroad and not soccer practice get the wave. (Never know who will winch you out one day) Posers and street squirrels get the wave but out of respect for the machine and not the current owner.

Comment

I always wave. I get back about 75%. I noticed almost none of the new jeeps (4dr) wave back.

Comment

Working...
                                X