X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redtail View Post
    There ain't no body taking away anybodys guns. Don't know where this CRAP started? Got plenty stached around here.
    Hate to disagree with ya Red, but if they can, they will!

Obama and Biden are extemely anti-gun. And while they will have other things on thier plate for a while, thier anti-gun cohorts will be more than happy to write/support bills that just need a signiture.

I plan on having a stash around here myself!

Comment

A friend of mine found me on Facebook last Thursday. She emailed me, I emailed her back that morning.

Then on Friday, she found out her room mate, who owns the house, is behind on the house payments and it is now in foreclosure and she got laid off from her position at Wachovia.

Things can be worse than what ya'll got.

Need a job? Desperate enough? Can pass a D.O.T. physical and drug screen?

Trucking companies are still hiring. Everything moves by truck.

Will Obama fix everything?

Nope.

But I'm a believer that the new government will make things better. But only an idiot would believe it will happen over night.

Will he make it better? I believe he will. But I could be wrong. But I sure as heck hope I'm not.

However it goes, it ain;t about guns or taxes on guns or ammo.

It's about people being able to feed themselves.

Comment

click three times...

Taxing (bail out money) yourself into prosperity is like trying to pick yourself up in a bucket. (More of my habit of quoting old men who didn't have a clue what they were talking about...this one would be Winston Churchill.)

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we have any idea whatsoever about how screwed we are.

Comment

It will only get worse before it gets better, thats what Obama said. So how much worse will it get ?

Comment

Hill,bill,E are you the one I see on Millitary Jeepers .com ?

Comment

There's lotsa hiring in Texas. I got a call out of the blue on saturday, asking if I wanted to go back to the oilfield. We're negotiating now. The initial offer was pretty awesome, but I will need to set up my business to run on autopilot, so I want more.

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver View Post
                I guess I'm glad I'm in the military. My wife and I are sweeping up change to get Rays Axles. Figured spreading the wealth around the old fashoned way would be good.
                You best watch yourself, or someone's going to bend your dogtags and send you home!!
                Any noise being made about RIF?
                Just curious... having ridden out a RIF once before in my life, and now no longer employed by the military-industrial complex, just wondered if those cuts were still going to grind away.
                And Blackwater, I don't know about taxing bailout money, but I do know that the little dribble of unemployment I received is being taxed. So basically the govt is taxing itself. Makes just all kinds of sense! And Gov. Deval Patrick (Obama-foreshadowed) is jacking up taxes and tolls all over Taxachusetts!
                To quote a less-famous old man, I think they're all Bozos on this bus!

Comment

Originally posted by brownrc View Post
                  Hill,bill,E are you the one I see on Millitary Jeepers .com ?
                  Yep, the one and the same. (be scary if there were two of me!)

Comment

Originally posted by RalphXJ View Post
                    Been unemployed since August, still haven't found anything. The only thing that saved me, was I cashed out my 401k right before the market took a dump, so I lucked out there!

VERY few jobs avalible, I can't even seem to find anything out of field for the time being, their just arent any jobs out there!
                    I spent 6 months unemployed. It took a while, and required some serious self-assessment (not to suggest you haven't done that). I was offered a photo-lab management position at less than half what I was making previously, and even though I really wanted the position, decided it wasn't worth my time to jump so far down the payscale.

Then within a week, I nabbed a short-term contract position, followed by a long-term contract position that paid even more... and things are kind of back on track. At least I'm not sliding into the hole anymore.
                    Santa Claus is coming to town!

Comment

do over...

Originally posted by tomsjeep View Post
                      ...And Blackwater, I don't know about taxing bailout money...To quote a less-famous old man, I think they're all Bozos on this bus!
                      Tom, congrats on the new job. You, too, Chip. I didn't express myself clearly before. What I meant is that 'bail out' money is nothing more than an enormous tax increase on working America. 'Someone' is going to have to pay the bill, and you know who that someone is.

Congress is giving away our children's future in order to avoid paying the piper right now. We have, unfortunately, learned to vote ourselves the treasury.

Comment

I lost my job in the military once before to the other "Change" president named Clinton. He cut the number of people in my former job by half in three months. However, the war in Afghanistan in being fought on the back of a Chinook, so I'm secure for now!

Comment

Originally posted by 47driver View Post
                          I lost my job in the military once before to the other "Change" president named Clinton. He cut the number of people in my former job by half in three months. However, the war in Afghanistan in being fought on the back of a Chinook, so I'm secure for now!

WHATEVER!!! I just don't see anything about your profession and locale as secure. Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                          X