X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36's on a CJ-7?

I'm running 33's now with what I believe is a 4" lift. Anyone know what would be needed additional to clear 35's or 36's?

Also,if anyone has a CJ lifted about the same,could you please take measurements on total height. I'm concerned that the Jeep won't fit in my garage anymore.

Thanks in advance.

FISH

I once saw a CJ with 36 hummer tires, it had a 6 inch lift plus 5 inch body and was freaking high... I haven't measured it but would guess something around 7'... my CJ has about 6'3" and that thing was almost a foot higher...

Comment

mine has 37" and fits in a standared garage door 4" springs and some what of a built in body lift

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/IMG_0728.jpg

Comment

My CJ7 is currenlty sitting on 33's. Has 3" suspension lift and 3" body. Going with 35 or 36's very soon and I'm sure they'll stuff in there (yes, there is a 6 point cage going in this weekend).

http://www.hisservantpro.com/picts/Jeep-6.jpg

http://www.hisservantpro.com/picts/jeep2.gif
        Last edited by Sparkplug; 12-08-2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

SOA on a 91 YJ, (6in) but it has a CJ clip. My 33s eat my front fenders.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/100_0715.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/100_0617.jpg

Comment

anyone know of a way to tell the size of a lift. Mine is either 3 or 4". but not sure. it was there when i bought it.

Also,any recommendations on a SOFT riding lift/shock combo. Mine bounces all over the place like it has no suspension. very rough. Not sure if that is caused by shocks or springs??

Comment

Got a stiffy

Suspension is usually a lot stiffer if it isnt too old. In a lot of 3 to 4 inch kits after about 1000 miles the suspension gets softer and it feels more like a normal ride. If your suspension is older and it is still stiff then maybe its your shackles and they might need lubrication or the bushings need replacement. If your shackles are not the greasable type then you might want to look in to some. It also could just be you've got some crazy strong thick springs.

Comment

judging by the look they are pretty old. Ive driven the jeep atleast 1000 miles in the year that ive owned it. shackles im not sure of. as far as boucing goes,if the shackles are ok. would you say springs or shocks not working right?

Comment

I can attest to the "crazy thick springs". I have a stock height spring set on my 5 and they have 9 leaves in front, and 7 in the rear. Very rough ride and they are 30 years old. I'm lookin into a 2.5 inch lift from 4wd.com. Sounds like they have a good package lift.

High5

Comment

click on the picture in my profile, thoes are 38.5 measure 37.5, i have what used to be 4" springs, 2" body, 1" shackles, and cut-out flares. when i wheel i have to remove my front fenders or my tires eat em up. on the springs they were 4" but they were really stiff so i removed 2 leaves in the rear and 1 in the front. dropped it to about 2.75-3 inches of spring lift, but now they flex like mad. on the shackle note, you need to get greasable bolts for em, it will save headaches later. i have yet to do so and i have to pull em off ever month at least to keep em greased well, also only torque you shackle bolts to about 20-25 lbs of torqu with some lock nuts. i gained a softer ride, and a little more flex by doin this.
                    clay

Comment

cool. can any of your guys running 35's or bigger,measure your jeep at its highest point?

Comment

Aw man, i was just at the shop and forgot to measure.

I do know, that with my 38's, 4 inch lift and 3 inch body, that the jeep just barely fits into an average 7' tall door if you push the door all the way open.

With top on. If you repainted your top it might not fit. LOL!!

Comment

mine sit at 82.5 or very close to that at the top of the roll bar, it will not fit in a 7 foot door, i am putting 10 foot doors in my shop so i dont have to ever worry bout it.
                          clay

Comment

jodean,are you running 35's or 38's?

Jeepman,what size tire are you running?

Comment

At the time i had the 35's, it fit with room. I imagine it will fit with 38's since its only an 1.5" taller with the 38's. Agian i have 4" and 3" BL so you should fit no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X