X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYE or rear driveshaft

okay so i just got the 3 in lift completed, and i never did like the looks of the tcase drop, but i do have rocker guards that cover the site of them, but it still doesnt help my clearance. so my question is should i get the SYE or driveshaft, what would benefit me more, and does 4WD carry SYE's and does anyone know the prices of either of these, i have an 04 tj I6. if you need more info let me know.

sye or driveshaft......

i would do the sye. in the long run you will be glad and the extra length helps with lift angles. check out tom woods (4xshaft.com). he has them both and i beleive he is still selling the sye and driveshaft in a kit together. not sure of the price mine was around 600$ i think just off the top of my head. when i get home i will look and see.
    Last edited by Blupupher; 12-22-2006, 01:54 PM. Reason: removed direct link to competitor

Comment

It is not 1 or the other. You either do a t-case drop or a SYE and new driveshaft.
      Our host has them.
      Advanced SYE $300

Omix SYE $200

RE Driveshaft $360

Sometimes there will be a special on them in the catalog grouped together.

Comment

wow, i think i will wait for awhile

Comment

Yup, can't do one without the other.

Bout $600 is a good price. Better start savin, that's not that expensive for a Jeep!

Comment

Well you could just install the SYE and run it in 4wd without a rear driveshaft, but it may cause other problems, someone once told me it could stretch the tcase chain

If you go to 4x4xplor.com and click on the northridge4x4 link you will find an SYE-driveshaft combo for $475!
            this is the best deal that i could find

Comment

Also, You could get a Skyjacker T-case drop instead. Thats what I run on mine, They are 2 bars instead of the spacers. Looks alot cleaner. I have been talking to your dad. Did you guys get it on?

Comment

Originally posted by adamcj-5
                Also, You could get a Skyjacker T-case drop instead. Thats what I run on mine, They are 2 bars instead of the spacers. Looks alot cleaner. I have been talking to your dad. Did you guys get it on?
                That is also an option, but I can't stand the red color, or do they come in black also? I guess a can of spray paint would take care of that.

Comment

tcase drop????????????

tcase drop is the easy way and not so correct way to fix the issue in my opinion. i mean if your gonna do it do it right. do the drop now as cheap as possible( rough country) or make one out of washers but save for the sye and driveshaft. it is the right way and in the long run more reliable and less chance of negative effects. save save save you have a jeep you will need it because you will always need something for it.

Comment

I love these posts.

It's not always one or the other yes you can have a cv driveshaft without a sye. See the link http://driveshaftsuperstore.com/SYE_Kits_$375.htm nice little unit easy to install and price is with in the ball park. Scroll down page see the slip yoke drive shaft with cv joint for $295.

Comment

Adam,

yeah we got it on, haha we have been talkin to ya quite a bit, those directions are pretty screwy. anyways we still gotta torque it all down and get it re-aligned and were gonna do that sat morn at 10, but tonight i was gonna take it out and keep it at 50 mph but i only got up to 45 mph and the steering wheel started to shake pretty bad so i had to turn around and drive the madres vehicle, do you have any suggestions how to fix that or is that just bc its out of alignment.

Comment

I have to always ask: Why pay for a lift and then take an inch out with a T-case drop?

Just put a shorter lift on.

An Advanced SYE and Toms best shaft is on our Christmas readers special. Youcannot beat the price orthe quality. Tom does this every year for our readers. We take no money from this, it's just great deal for our readers at Christmas.

http://www.moabjeeper.com/articles/g...?articleID=319

Comment

i tell ya why........because higher looks better and performs better.

Comment

Working...
                          X