X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said purse.

But it was in the medicine cabinet. And it was covered in dust. I do not think we will have any issues.

When the little surprise reared its ugly head, she started in on me about how much "that thing" is costing us. So after a bit of her yammering about taking it to someone that knows what they are doing, when I would leave to go get more crap from the parts store. I made up a list of what I was doing to the heep. And asked if she could call the dealer and get me some prices on the services I needed. She has shut her mouth for almost 24 hours about it. If I could only spend some of that money I saved her on modifications.

Owe well,

Comment

It was that way with my first CJ. Constant "that think is a peice of junk" style comments. It looked real nice and ran for me, but because I had to put a new part on in every month, she hated it. I sold it to finally appease her. A year later her eyes were opened when she would find me under the other Jeeps in the neighborhood. It WAS a Jeep thing, and she finally understood. She now loves the Jeep and lets me play.

Anyway, good luck in fixing it. I think you have more natural mechanic ability than I.

Comment

Thanks

I do not think my little woman will ever change. At least not about the heep.

Are you still deployed? When do you get back? A friend of mine is a DI and is shipping out to Iraq to train their army, and now I am the Cub Scout Den Leader! Owe well I hope you are safe, and get back soon.

I need to get some sleep so I can put the rest of the heep back together tomorrow.

Have good day

Comment

Ed, your pattern looks great. It actually looks better than mine did.

Your creative thinking and innovations are quite remarkable. Now to see you move on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345
            Ed, your pattern looks great. It actually looks better than mine did.
            I think that is because I used Cover Girl marking compound. I think the color is Red Hot Hypoid.

One more question if I may. I am guessing I need to break the new bearings in. So how long do I go before I change the fluid? I am thinking one tank of gas, and then check it again at 500 miles. Should I restrict my speed? Please give me a clue.

Thanks for everything,

Comment

The bearings shouldn't be a problem for break-in, generally the only break-in is when new gears are installed. If you're concerned, then follow your own adivce.

Comment

Thanks For Everything!

The heep is rolling again. Thank you for all of your support in my time of distress.

Comment

flatlander.... you da man!.....

Originally posted by FlatLander
                  Not sure if anyone has thought of this yet. I am sure someone has, but I am easily impressed, so this is what I came up with.

The FSM explains how you need to use a turnbuckle style seal installation tool. I do not have one of these and really do not want to buy one. After trying to get a socket and a tack hammer to work for some time, I had an epiphany.

The parts I gathered:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...rSealPress.jpg

The Seal Press I fabricated:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...rSealPress.jpg

MacGyver eat your heart out:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...ssinaction.jpg

The 5/16 Grade2 hardware I had in stock bent under the pressure. So while I was at NAPA getting the new bearings pressed on the carrier, I acquired 12 MM grade 8.8 hardware and it worked like a charm.

Sometimes I impress myself,
                  that's good solid engineering right there......

Ww

Comment

replace it now and you won't have to worry about it later

Comment

lipstik on your rear.....

the mesh pattern on the rear gears looks very good..... and the red lipstick looks good too.......those bearings don't need any break-in period..... if they're right, they're ready to go.

Ww

Comment

So far, So Good

I dropped the fluid last week end. Everything looked good. Fluid still looked good; I did not see any chucks of anything. So I guess I got it back together right.

Thanks again,

Comment

Working...
                        X