X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer only parts

I had to get 4 quick connectors for my transmission cooling lines today. And i had to go to the dealer to get them. The guy rings me up i hand him the credit card and he is like oh yea, they are 21.95 each.. I almost fell off the chair. I was like what 21.95 for a lil plastic quick connector and 2 o rings get out of here. The sales rep said it was a repair kit. I was like WTF IT IS JUST A PEICE OF PLASTIC AND O RINGS.. WHY SO EXPENSIVE. After I paied for it, i said would not have come to the dealer if i could get aftermarket parts. But i need the parts anyways so i had to bite the bullet and buy them. Has anybody else been experenced this with a dealer only item.

Originally posted by hotroddenal
    I had to get 4 quick connectors for my transmission cooling lines today. And i had to go to the dealer to get them. The guy rings me up i hand him the credit card and he is like oh yea, they are 21.95 each.. I almost fell off the chair. I was like what 21.95 for a lil plastic quick connector and 2 o rings get out of here. The sales rep said it was a repair kit. I was like WTF IT IS JUST A PEICE OF PLASTIC AND O RINGS.. WHY SO EXPENSIVE. After I paied for it, i said would not have come to the dealer if i could get aftermarket parts. But i need the parts anyways so i had to bite the bullet and buy them. Has anybody else been experenced this with a dealer only item.
    Well golly, that sucks.

Comment

I got rid of the disconnects for my tranny lines. Especially since the 97+ (which mine is a '9 requires a quick disconnect tool.

Comment

Yea i know.. I need that tool. I cant get the one line off my tranny.

Comment

The simple solution is cut, flare and clamp. About $4.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadFoot
            Well golly, that sucks.

i just want to say thanks for my new sig.

Comment

Originally posted by rstarch345
              Cut my new part that i just bought. That sounds like an idea. but first things first i got to retap the powersteering bracket, i striped out the top bolt hole. tryin to tighten it after an hour and a half of breaking the adjustment bole free from it's frozen state of rust.

Comment

maybe if you would of asked before, you wouldnt of had to waste $80+ on some little plastic gizzies.

Comment

No josh. i was told to read my manual so i did. and it said to replace the plastic quick disconnects. so i did what the book said. i guess that is what i get for reading the book.

Comment

i noticed my new rad is a lot thicker than my old one. my old one is a one core. So does this mean my new one is a 3 core.

Comment

Originally posted by renegadestang
                      I got rid of the disconnects for my tranny lines. Especially since the 97+ (which mine is a '9 requires a quick disconnect tool.
                      how did you get rid of them.

Comment

I did what rstarch wrote earlier in this thread.

Originally posted by rstarch345

Comment

Duuuuuuude!!!!!!

Have you not read anything in this thread? We need to figure out what this guy's skull is made out of. I would think it could out perform depleted uranium, as a material to make armor piercing ammo out of.

Comment

so i did what the book said. i guess that is what i get for reading the book.
                            if the dam book said to drive your jeep off a cliff, would you do it?

Comment

Has anybody else been experenced this with a dealer only item.
                              i needed the line that connect the clutch master clyinder to the clutch slave cylinder and they wanted $153

for a tube.

that's bent.

i bend my own tube. price: $8

Comment

Working...
                              X