X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyJacker baby !!!!

made my mind up im getting the Skyjacker 3" start painting a house in the morning and in a few days its on like donkey kong ! time to pull out the PB blaster ! damn im happy and i aint even ordered it yet !!!! lol now i dont know if i want nitro's or hydro

Good to hear your getting a lift. Thats the same lift I started with, kick ***. The one and only thing that sucks, the trac bar relocation bracket. You'll be better off tossing it in the trash. Then get yourself a good adjustable, like RRO's.

Are you going with AAL or full packs. I went with the AAL, and it actually held up much better then I had expected, especially cause everyone talks badly about. I must say though, the SJ AAL compaired to the RE AAL, is much thicker. It causes it to ride a little rougher, however it will last about twice as long as RE's.

as for the shocks, I got the hydro's, but my buddy got nitro's. They seemed pretty similar to me, maybe the nitros were a bit softer. See what kinda deal you can get.

Where are you buying from anyway?

Comment

4wd.com <-- thats the one imma get and then as the road goes on add to it most likely as i go and find out how it performs if it wont do something i want it to then make it do it lol kinda big fan on skyjacker .. thats all we used when we was younger .. me and friends..

Comment

yeah thats the exact one i had, but mine did have new u-bolts

anyway, like i said, don't bother with that trac bar bracket, and damnit, take pics. :t

Comment

i have been looking at trac bars anyways too did that setup flex ok ? and dont worry bout pics i love pics ! lol i just didnt get pics of befor i undercoated it i blame that on the fumes though im just glad my shock bolts still come out easy but anyways i plan on getting the full leaf packs for it new uppers and lower control arms but to get it started im gonna get the 3 inch and soon next few weeks i hope in getting black steel wheels and 31x10.50s

Comment

Good to hear you're getting the leaf packs instead of AALs. I tried the add a leaf on my 86 xj and it did nothing. My springs were so sagged out the had a negative arch to them! Everyone is correct about the trackbar bracket, it is flimsy at best. Oh, and uhhhhh, you got lucky with the shock bolts. I broke all four of the rear uppers on my rust belt beauty!

Comment

yeah and when i put my shocks on i didnt even know they would break like they do and i think the shocks took all the rust away from them lol they had holes in them from the rust but the bolts came out wasnt really to tight i got helper springs on the rear right now .. cheap ones and they got it sitting up pretty good leafs have a good smile to them right now im getting the aals prob be a month or two then i will have the full leafs i would wait a lil longer but my lower control arms are rusted pretty bad snow and rock salt didnt help them none at all so i might aswell go ahead and get the kit all i will have to do after is get to know some of these people that have all this land around here and hit some trails

Comment

Make sure to post some pix. Good luck

Comment

Yeah the front flexed pretty good, but the rear (AAL) didn't really know what flex was. I think thats due to the extra high spring load rating. If you want the front to flex better, get RE control arms with Johnny Joints, thats what I did. The Skyjacker heims are ok, but clank and wear out faster.

Comment

well johny's are third on the list new trac bar first .... if my shocks was a lil bit longer i would have more flex but it stops at the shocks

Comment

Working...
                    X