X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile version

What about having a mobile version of the forum. I like to look and post on the forum while I'm away from the computer and I use my phone, but its rough having to load everything up. I know I can't be the only one that views the forum via cell phone.

Thanks,
    Matt

Funny you should mention that. I just got a blackberry and want to do the same thing. Kelly, any thoughts on this?

Comment

Let me see how involved it will be and I'll let you know if it can be done.

Comment

Strange, my phone running windows mobile shows the site just fine. On Internet Explorer, Skyfire, and Opera Browsers??

Comment

Originally posted by sbacon View Post
          Funny you should mention that. I just got a blackberry and want to do the same thing. Kelly, any thoughts on this?
          when i had a curve and the storm they both displayed the site good. the storm was better but both were easy enough to use.

Comment

Oh I can view it just fine, it looks the same as it does on my home computer, but what a mobile version does is have less items and is more a text based version, less data usage and faster to load

Comment

Originally posted by I Drive Topless View Post
              Oh I can view it just fine, it looks the same as it does on my home computer, but what a mobile version does is have less items and is more a text based version, less data usage and faster to load
              I just turn off images and it loads really quickly on Alltel/Verizon.

Comment

I have a G1 and with Android it works just fine, no problems here... plus a flatrate makes it even better....

Comment

Site works perfect on my iphone

Comment

well I turned off the images and I zoomed out as far as I could go and it helped. I pay a flat rate for my data usage. I just don't get full bars at my job so the less I have to transfer the better. thanks for all the help and suggestions. if you are still interested in making a mobile version I will pull some screen shots from my local forums version which I think works great.

-matt

Comment

Originally posted by Piginajeep View Post
                      Site works perfect on my iphone

I second that on the iphone...

Comment

I just cant force my self to fork out that much for it, otherwise I would get one

Comment

I just cant force my self to fork out that much for it, otherwise I would get one
                          I got my G1 for free when I renew my contract.

Comment

Site worked well back when I had my iPAQ some 2 years ago... some Javascript items were displaying a little funky, but that might have had something to do with my disabling some of those features for safety's sake.
                            Since I'm now on a much, much cheaper phone service, I don't know.
                            I comprehend the "mobile"version, but frequently used to end up skipping those on news sites, etc. because they were just too lame.
                            Kelly, look at the BBC's website regular vs. mobile for one that works pretty well.

Comment

I could drop the cash for an iPhone, but AT&T sucks really bad here.
                              Well they suck really bad everywhere but here they also have lousy coverage.
                              All the places I go they do not have service.

Comment

Working...
                              X