• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG tires

Does anybody have any info on these ?

BF Goodrich Rugged Trail 31X10.50x15

thanks,

al

The Rugged Trail series is a highway LT tire. Due to their poor rating in a recent Consumer magazine, I wouldn't buy them. Not to mention you won't get anywhere offroad with them.

Comment

Ya not an off-road tire in the least bit. I would stick with the M/T or the A/T KO.

Comment

A pick up with that tire parked next to my tj...the tread pattern looks real lame......I would definitely stay away from them....Bob.

Comment

If they are anything like the LongTrail that they had out, run away fast.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lost-One
            If they are anything like the LongTrail that they had out, run away fast.....
            I agree with you lost-one.
            the longtrails were a big disapointment to me. I had them on my stock xj. only decent in the rain and dry ground.

Comment

Originally posted by alnebular
              Does anybody have any info on these ?

BF Goodrich Rugged Trail 31X10.50x15

thanks,

al
              Here's a much better choice!

http://users.adelphia.net/~jrtdogbone/tjparts.htm

The Dog

Comment

Would not recommend the Rugged Trail tires. They came stock on my Tundra and I was never a huge fan. They did ok for on-road traction and even did ok on ice and snow. I never tested them in the mud. But they only lasted me about 30,000 miles. The ride was not that great either.

When I had to replace them on my truck I went with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I have no complaint with these... great for on the road... super quiet... and smooooooth ride and great traction. I have about 25,000 miles on them and they show no real signs of wear yet. However I would not suggest these for any real offroading. I think there are many better choices for that. But if you keep your jeep on the road most of the time... the Michelins would probably be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffm3434
                  Would not recommend the Rugged Trail tires. They came stock on my Tundra and I was never a huge fan. They did ok for on-road traction and even did ok on ice and snow. I never tested them in the mud. But they only lasted me about 30,000 miles. The ride was not that great either.

When I had to replace them on my truck I went with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I have no complaint with these... great for on the road... super quiet... and smooooooth ride and great traction. I have about 25,000 miles on them and they show no real signs of wear yet. However I would not suggest these for any real offroading. I think there are many better choices for that. But if you keep your jeep on the road most of the time... the Michelins would probably be a good choice.
                  My dad has those on his '97 Suburban. He's actually on his second set. He loves'em!

Comment

they are the black-sheep of the bfg line. just front the few extra bucks for the AT's and you'll thank me later

Comment

Working...
                    X