X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodyear MTR's

Does anyone have the custom 4x4 rocker guards?
    are they any good?
    what rocker guards are good b/c i have thought of going with the ones from tomken also.

I've looked at the Tomken bars, as-well as boulder bars, bullet proof bars, and the bars offerd by Rocky Road Outfitters. After looking at these set ups I've decided that I'm going to go with the Rocky Road. In my opinion they look better than the other options out there and from what I can tell were more thought out when they were designed. Also I've delt with the guys at Rocky Road a bunch of times and have yet to run into any problems with them, so I'm a little biased. I've tried to get some information from Tomken on a number of their items and have never recieved a response, so who knows just what you're getting when you buy tomken. I'm not bashing Tomken, I'm actually probably going to run with their rear and front bumpers as well as rear tire swing, I just think they need to figure out just what customer service is.

Anyhow that's my 2 cents

Matt

Comment

thanks much,, your two cents helps me think about more stuff,, hey thats what this forum is for. give your opinions and share what you have experienced and take what you can from it

Comment

I've looked into rocker guards for some time now and there are a few really cool sets out there that I would like to buy. However I'm planning on making my own. I work with a guy thats a good welder and he said he could make them for less than half of them out there on the market.

Did you have two thoughts going on cause the title is about Goodyear MTR's

but the post is about rocker gaurds???

but as far as those go if I had the money I would be all over them.

Comment

Yeah I was wondering about that too Jdogg...but I just figured he was like the rest of us...too many irons in the fire and not enough sense to care.

I've thought about fabbing up some rockers of my own, but the wife has told me that if they are going on her baby that they have to look professional (guess that counts me out).

Matt

Comment

My objective when building custom items....make them look profeshional. I have done a few things on a few cars, what I have planed for my jeep is rockers/running boards (higher up than the stock running boards, while still being rockers) a rack for the top, with a light bar across it (holding between 4-6 high beam lights....just incase I need daylight infront of me in the middle of the night)

Comment

Sounds good DH

Let me know when you do the rockers...from what it sounds like you're doing is pretty much what I'm looking for. Something that sits higher on the body, allowing for more ground clearance, but still does the job.

All this talk of customizing is making me wish I had my welder...shouldn't have sold it.

Matt

Comment

Working...
              X