X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 Cj-5?

ok my buddy came across a jeep, guy selling it said its a CJ-5 golden eagle whatever that is sorry im lost when it comes to the old model jeeps i guess it has a 305 runs good and body is in ok shape havnt seen it yet but im looking for info on this model and im interested in buying it what should i look for as in common probs and any info to know exactly what it is

and the guy is giving my buddy pics which i can scan on my computer i will post em when i get them

Thanks
    Mike

Originally posted by postj
    ok my buddy came across a jeep, guy selling it said its a CJ-5 golden eagle whatever that is sorry im lost when it comes to the old model jeeps i guess it has a 305 runs good and body is in ok shape havnt seen it yet but im looking for info on this model and im interested in buying it what should i look for as in common probs and any info to know exactly what it is

and the guy is giving my buddy pics which i can scan on my computer i will post em when i get them

Thanks
    Mike
    Did you ever whatch the dukes of hazzard?

Comment

ya i found some pictures of what it looks like on the net and some info i think he meant he had the 304 unless he did a chevy swap

Comment

WHATCH OUT FOR RUST!! They all have some, just how much is the question?

Comment

First thing to check is the rear frame right in front of the crossmember, check it inside and out.

Comment

Also look at the bottom of the front door post. usually a good place to find rust.
            Jay

Comment

thanks guys...
              i havnt made a choice yet on weather im getting it or not its rusted pretty good but fixable that and the engine smokes non stop lol but hey itll make a nice winter project.

Comment

Originally posted by daily jeeper
                WHATCH OUT FOR RUST!! They all have some, just how much is the question?

Mine doesn't have any rust, but daily jeeper is right a lot of them look like swiss cheese. Check the frame really close.

Comment

Buy The Jeep

Hey postj tell em to buy the jeep....specially if the hood decal is good.....funny how them AMC decals lasted longer than GM and FoMoCo's...it's a cool ride....the motor rebuild is cake,it's only money. tell em to get a book and get crackin...............nuf said

Comment

Critical though, as adam says, check the rear portion of the frame.
                    They inadvertently made the rear xmember to where it holds water in the frame.

Comment

Working...
                    X