X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasteners for fiberglass

I'm replacing the hardtop metal back glass frame with a fiberglass one, the holes in the fiberglass frame that are not threaded don't look very thick and strong. Anyone got any thoughts on what type of fasteners to use to attach hardware? I've thought about rivets but now I'm thinking about crush fasteners. Anyone installed one of these?

Fasteners for fiberglass

Topsail....looks like the bolts they want you to use go though both side's of the liftgate?
    marine adhesive holds well around a threaded insert in pockets where i didn't want to go though both sides.

Comment

Not sure if it will work for you but when I bolt down my hardtop to my fiberglass tub I have helicoils in there and they seem to work well. Sure beats the lag bolts I could have used.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffy View Post
        Not sure if it will work for you but when I bolt down my hardtop to my fiberglass tub I have helicoils in there and they seem to work well. Sure beats the lag bolts I could have used.
        I love those things in metal. Saved me a bunch of times. I would put some epoxy in the hole before installing the helicoils in fiberglass and let it dry well before installing the bolt.

Comment

Not sure if I am getting the question right.
          The hinge bolts must go all the way through.
          I wouldn't trust that hatch without it.

Comment

Working...
          X