Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
BFG tires Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BFG tires

    Does anybody have any info on these ?

    BF Goodrich Rugged Trail 31X10.50x15

    thanks,

    al

  • #2
    The Rugged Trail series is a highway LT tire. Due to their poor rating in a recent Consumer magazine, I wouldn't buy them. Not to mention you won't get anywhere offroad with them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ya not an off-road tire in the least bit. I would stick with the M/T or the A/T KO.

      Comment


      • #4
        A pick up with that tire parked next to my tj...the tread pattern looks real lame......I would definitely stay away from them....Bob.

        Comment


        • #5
          If they are anything like the LongTrail that they had out, run away fast.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lost-One
            If they are anything like the LongTrail that they had out, run away fast.....
            I agree with you lost-one.
            the longtrails were a big disapointment to me. I had them on my stock xj. only decent in the rain and dry ground.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by alnebular
              Does anybody have any info on these ?

              BF Goodrich Rugged Trail 31X10.50x15

              thanks,

              al
              Here's a much better choice!

              http://users.adelphia.net/~jrtdogbone/tjparts.htm

              The Dog

              ..

              Comment


              • #8
                Would not recommend the Rugged Trail tires. They came stock on my Tundra and I was never a huge fan. They did ok for on-road traction and even did ok on ice and snow. I never tested them in the mud. But they only lasted me about 30,000 miles. The ride was not that great either.

                When I had to replace them on my truck I went with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I have no complaint with these... great for on the road... super quiet... and smooooooth ride and great traction. I have about 25,000 miles on them and they show no real signs of wear yet. However I would not suggest these for any real offroading. I think there are many better choices for that. But if you keep your jeep on the road most of the time... the Michelins would probably be a good choice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jeffm3434
                  Would not recommend the Rugged Trail tires. They came stock on my Tundra and I was never a huge fan. They did ok for on-road traction and even did ok on ice and snow. I never tested them in the mud. But they only lasted me about 30,000 miles. The ride was not that great either.

                  When I had to replace them on my truck I went with Michelin LTX M/S tires. I have no complaint with these... great for on the road... super quiet... and smooooooth ride and great traction. I have about 25,000 miles on them and they show no real signs of wear yet. However I would not suggest these for any real offroading. I think there are many better choices for that. But if you keep your jeep on the road most of the time... the Michelins would probably be a good choice.
                  My dad has those on his '97 Suburban. He's actually on his second set. He loves'em!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    they are the black-sheep of the bfg line. just front the few extra bucks for the AT's and you'll thank me later

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X