X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HEI distributor

hey gang i purchased a hei dist. from our host to replace the original stock dist.on my 76 cj with a 304 v8. the issue i am having is the vacuum advanced connection ends up near the fan and the hose will be hit. my question is can i move the plug wires on the cap one spot over and then the vacuum fiting will be facing another direction away from the fan blade.

Can you buy a right angle at the auto parts store to tighten the curve up? A picture might help.

Comment

Turn the distributor so it doesn't interfere with anything and then set the shaft and rotor to where it needs to be.

Comment

Send it back immediatley. Do not pass go, do not collect any money as instead you will be spending much money and time to fix what that pos destroys. I will update in my "POW" thread in a bit.

Comment

be careful to check that the gears are in perfect alignment or your gonna tear up the cam gear. Run it for five minutes and pull the dizzy to check it, if you don't see a nice pretty pattern don't put it back in.

Comment

Working...
          X