X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Condensor Install ?

On the CJ's how does the condensor install in front of the radiator? I have a setup I bought w/ no instructions and I don't have enough imagination to figure this one out. Does the condensor mount w/ the fittings to the bottom left or top and where do the brackets bolt to? Any help would be appreciated.

Good luck, I decided to pull the A/C system out of a waggy and try to squeeze it into my CJ7, that is gonna be a chore. Sorry I cant help out.

Comment

how about calling the manufacture of the system you bought and ask them. they may have instructions on the net.

Comment

Mounts in front of the radiator. But I think you need a two core radiator in order to get both the radiator and the condenser in there. I have one in my garage I could drag out and get pictures of. I need to do this anyway as I just bought a exchanger for the snowboard lift and I am now going to have A/C.
        But like FUBAR said, contact the manufacture and get a set of instructions. Hey, they made the kit and they got lots of money from you for it. They should provide you with something.

Comment

Should have mentioned it is an OEM system I bought off ebay. No instructions. I have the FSM but it is totally useless in this as there are no pics. I figured somebody out there had a CJ with the OEM air in it that could tell me how it mounts. I have the compressor, alt., brackets in and I think I have the wiring and hose routing figured out. The mounting brackets don't seem to lineup w/ anything, no matter which way you turn it.
          Last edited by jeepsd; 05-03-2005, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Ok, I will try to get the project out of the garage and take pics of it for you.

Comment

Jeepsd: I did the same thing as you, bought off ebay. It's really simple. Take your grille off, take the radiator out, and there should be four 1/4 or 5/16 holes that will match up to the mounting brackets on your condenser. Bolt inplace and put the rest back together. If the holes are not there, just square up the condenser behind the grille, and drill new ones.

does anyone know of a good place to get factory A/C hoses? What about a condenser?

Comment

Originally posted by 79cj7duner
                Jeepsd: I did the same thing as you, bought off ebay. It's really simple. Take your grille off, take the radiator out, and there should be four 1/4 or 5/16 holes that will match up to the mounting brackets on your condenser. Bolt inplace and put the rest back together. If the holes are not there, just square up the condenser behind the grille, and drill new ones.

does anyone know of a good place to get factory A/C hoses? What about a condenser?
                I just bought a few parts to finish my project and I might have some hoses and a condenser. But it will be early June before I get working on my project to get it in.

Comment

79cj7duner, I appeciate the reply but let me explain. The radiator shell is fresh painted and bare. No headlight buckets, nothing. When I set the condenser inside the shell the 4 holes on the brackets won't lineup with anything. The fittings are up on the passenger side and there is nothing but air where the bolt holes in the brackets are. In fact, if I move the condenser forward to clear the radiator the headlight buckets will hit the top holes in the mounting brackets. Clear as mud? I thought maybe there were some more brackets I needed.

Comment

Hmmm, I may have to try and get a picture of mine for ya. are you using a factory grille? just trying to think of everything. The hard line and fitting that comes up from the bottom should be on the pass. side, as stated. My condenser had no problem clearing the buckets. the only brackets for the condenser that I know of should be soldered to it.

lost: I might need that condenser adn hoses. My condenser has a break in the top hard line. I have some hoses, but I don't think they are right. I'm going to try NAPA and see if they can get the hoses pre-made. otherwise, early june sounds good!

Comment

Ok, I just got the box in from ebay last night so I can get started on it.
                      Here is the Linky to some pics I took last night. As you can see the radiator is out, but these should give you a good idea. Let me know if you would like a few different shots.

Comment

I think I figured out what the problem is. The condenser looks just like a YJ condenser. According to ACKits in AZ. the CJ and YJ are different and the brackets on your pics are alot bigger thatn mine. OK, it looks like fab time. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepsd
                          I think I figured out what the problem is. The condenser looks just like a YJ condenser. According to ACKits in AZ. the CJ and YJ are different and the brackets on your pics are alot bigger thatn mine. OK, it looks like fab time. Thanks for all your help.
                          I can take more pics if you want. If you need any measurements let me know.

Comment

Working...
                          X