X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ Soft top questions full doors to half doors

Well i should start by saying my 93 Yj is on its way to Jeep heaven after it was hit badly from behind a few weeks back. Well it had full doors, last year i purchased a new Best Top super top for it.Well i just purchased a 95 Wrangler, but it has half doors. I think i read at some point that the best top super top for a YJ willwork for either full or half doors, i am just trying to figure out if that is true or not, because the top on the 95 with half doors is factory hardware that is broken, does any one know if a super top for full doors will work or not? thanks or your help.

Full doors or not!!!

Originally posted by sparky79862
    Well i should start by saying my 93 Yj is on its way to Jeep heaven after it was hit badly from behind a few weeks back. Well it had full doors, last year i purchased a new Best Top super top for it.Well i just purchased a 95 Wrangler, but it has half doors. I think i read at some point that the best top super top for a YJ willwork for either full or half doors, i am just trying to figure out if that is true or not, because the top on the 95 with half doors is factory hardware that is broken, does any one know if a super top for full doors will work or not? thanks or your help.
    Heh, if ya supertop has rounded doors it'll work with full doors, if it's squared off, then no!!! Good luck HMR-RSQ

Comment

I have a super top and run it upon a nasty thunder storm with the full steel doors but normally I run the two piece soft door, so it should work with what ever configuration you may chose.

Comment

IIRC on the super top I had, it had the rounded tops for the doors so the Full Steel doors will work. I wish I had full steelies sometimes, but I like my soft doors better overall.

Scrambler

Comment

Full doors and hardtop for the winter, full doors and soft top for the spring and fall and half doors and a bikini top for the summer.

Comment

It all depends on what your half doors are!!!!! As stated, square will not work with the supertop.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoochie Boochie
              It all depends on what your half doors are!!!!! As stated, square will not work with the supertop.
              As long as you have supertops upper doors it doesnt matter what your half doors are. Supertops uppers fit factory half doors.

Comment

Supertop half doors

Originally posted by Beavis
                As long as you have supertops upper doors it doesnt matter what your half doors are. Supertops uppers fit factory half doors.

I have a set of supertop door halves and the uppers dont fit my factory half doors!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hmr-rsq
                  I have a set of supertop door halves and the uppers dont fit my factory half doors!!!
                  Thats strange, I have a Supertop and the uppers fit just fine on my factory half doors. Where don't they fit?

Comment

The Supertop doors won't fit the factory top. If you try and use the top of a set of full soft doors they won't fit the half steel doors, the pegs are set differently. If that makes sense. I would look into a set of Bestop upper half doors for the YJ, that way you know they will work.

Scrambler
                    Last edited by scrambler013; 06-22-2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Upper halves

Originally posted by scrambler013
                      The Supertop doors won't fit the factory top. If you try and use the top of a set of full soft doors they won't fit the half steel doors, the pegs are set differently. If that makes sense. I would look into a set of Bestop upper half doors for the YJ, that way you know they will work.

Scrambler

Thanks Scrambler,
                      Heh with my shop www.GotJeepWeDo.com, never had a set of 2 pc. canvas uppers fit factory steel half doors.. maybe you have the Supertop upper halfs that were designed for the factory half doors.... Good luck HMR-RSQ

Comment

Working...
                      X