X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-smog vacuum diagram- MC 2100

I'm setting up my motorcraft 2100 carb and am struggling without any instructions, I'm hoping someone on the board here can help me out with a couple things. I'm not quite sure if my vacuum lines are hooked up properly. Does anyone have any diagrams? there is only a few lines on my set up and I'll try to explain what I have right now. The Dizzy advance is going to the proper port in the carb. The PCV is going the the upper port on the carb (pass side). The rear port on the valve cover- I baught yesterday a filtered vent that fits right in there. Right underneath the carb (between the carb and EGR) there is a port feeding to my brake booster. And last my Egr is feeding to a thermal switch on the intake manifold. I'm getting very close to being done with my 2 month project, any help would be awesome.

Try this.

Comment

I finally found the cd that came with my carb kit. I've got the directions in .pdf HERE. It's 10 megs. I also have it in word format, but it's 160 mb and I don't have acess to an FTP site. If anyone does, I'm happy to upload the whole 170mb's.

Let me know if it doesn't work..or if it does! I can't leave it there long as I need the space.

Comment

the first thing you have to understand is the difference between ported vacuum and manifold vacuum...manifold vacuum is pure vacuum straight from the intake manifold, full pressure, crazy suction...its good for your PCV and brake booster...ported vacuum is a softened sort...there should be none at idle and as RPM's increase it does so as well...think dizzy advance and EGR...an easy way to test for manifold vacuum is simply to run the engine and pull the lines or plugs off at idle...if theres vacuum its almost always manifold vacuum....now check these things out

heres a great diagram to start with...its by John Strenk
        http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...vacuumdiag.jpg

and heres a good website that you can get info on the different vacuum lines and their routing
        http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/misc/vacuumhoses.html

heres a sweet guide called "Adventures Under the Hood", one of the most useful reference guides around
        http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/home.htm

good luck!!!
        Last edited by the Captain; 04-24-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon View Post
          I finally found the cd that came with my carb kit. I've got the directions in .pdf HERE. It's 10 megs. I also have it in word format, but it's 160 mb and I don't have acess to an FTP site. If anyone does, I'm happy to upload the whole 170mb's.

Let me know if it doesn't work..or if it does! I can't leave it there long as I need the space.
          PM LotGod.

Comment

Working...
          X