Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok... lemme raise this question. would that same ford 8.8 fit my 98 grand cherokee?

Comment

Originally posted by ryd3r86 View Post
      ok... lemme raise this question. would that same ford 8.8 fit my 98 grand cherokee?
      Yes, the TJ and Grands are almost identical in axle mounting and width.

Comment

ok but it has abs. so would i have to modify or change anything MAJOR?

Comment

Originally posted by ryd3r86 View Post
          ok but it has abs. so would i have to modify or change anything MAJOR?
          You dont NEED ABS, just dont hook it up and dont worry about it. I pulled all the ABS crap out of my XJ years ago and have never worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RalphXJ View Post
            Or a picture of the 8.8 in Kelly's comp rig!!
            Or a pic on the 8.8 in mine? Seriously, ABS in a jeep is not needed. Once you get into bigger meats, you'll have a hard time locking up the stock brakes anyways.

Comment

^^^^^

I beg to differ.

Comment

8.8 No ABS. 37's

http://webwheeling.com/gallery/d/70508-2/DSC_0451.JPG

Comment

ive got an 8.8 in my jeep. i just was saying the abs is different, so its not direct swap in. im not saying it cant be done, just used the wrong words. anything can be done with the right tools and know how. ABS is a waist of time as soon as you hit gravel in my opinion anyways. though I wouldnt want to mess with the GC's ABS because it goes through the ECU and stuff.. kinda scary to mess with that..
                  Last edited by dh_4_ever; 01-24-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

any other size axels thatll fit my 98 gc where i wouldnt have to disconnect my abs?

Comment

Good news on my end. I DO have a master cylinder, not a motor.

Of course, leaving at 4:45am and getting home at 7:30pm makes it difficult to see in the dark. That and I had been too tired/lazy to get my flashlight and pop the hood.
                      Thank goodness for Sundays off.

8.8 here I come!!

Comment

Working...
                      X