X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Clutch Set Up

Another question for ya. I have been thinking about trying to switch my stock clutch set up to hydraulic for awhile. Reason being, when I really get flexing on the rocks, my clutch doesn't want to engage and sometimes I cant shift out of gear. I have tried to adjust and lengthen everything to allow for the flex but cant get rid of the problem. I replaced many of the clutch linkage parts, that didn't help.

Is there a kit or a easy swap out there for the older CJ's. I have a 304, with the t-15 tranny. I am seriously considering swapping out the tranny for a T-18 in the future. Any help or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Try swapping in the t-18 first, Hydraulic clutches are a pain in the arse.

Comment

I'm With Stuck Again as far as the Hydraulic clutch goes. I had one, and I hatted it Never could get the thing to work right, and it was ALL new.

Does the linkage disconnect from the clutch fork?

Comment

It can be disconnected but it doesn't fall off or anything when driving/wheeling. I only got the problem after the new body and all the other mods. It now has a 2" body lift due to the fiberglass body. I had 2" added to the clutch rod that attaches to the pedal so in that respect it shouldn't affect it. I have tried adjusting it many times. Right now there is only about 1" of play, off the top of the pedal, before it starts to engage. But thats not enough when the jeeps really flexed out. I'll try to adjust it again. Didn't know that the hydraulic clutches were that bad.

Comment

Working...
        X