X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmission Canister

Anyone know where I can get the emmissions charcoal canister for an 82 CJ7 with the 258? I pulled mine out when I was getting my CJ ready for paint and the canister only had a couple of pieces of charcoal rattling around in there. I checked with some auto parts stores (Autozone & Advanced) and with the dealership. They all say they can't get one.

Thanks

Have you tried you local junk yard? Have you tried Collins Bros Jeep in Texas? www.collinsbrosjeep.com

Comment

I did not find one on Collins Bros website, but I have not called them. I have avoided looking in a junkyard. CJs are hard to find in local junkyards, plus I figure that anything I find there will probably be in the same shape as the one I took off my CJ.

Comment

Let us know if you find anything, mine needs replacing. Have never had mine apart but I have the tell-tale gas smell under the hood. Can you remove the activated carbon from the unit or does it have to be replaced as a unit?

Comment

Your about 10 months too late, cuz I just sold my old one in lieu of the new one in my MPI kit. Give CollinsBros a call.

Comment

Do a google search for amc parts. there are several guys that stock amc stuff and may have one.

Comment

Charcoal Canister

Am restoring a 79 and have been looking for a canister. None to be had. Made an exhaustive search on the web and in about every parts store imagiable. They have been discontinued!!!!! The 4 port canister was used on the 81 M onte Carlo--Discontinued . if you find one it will be a junkyard. Check for the Monte Carl one..

Comment

i sent you a pm. there's a guy in canton, oh that i've never been able to stump yet. he seems to be able to get everything. i sent you his name and number.

Comment

Thanks FUBAR. I'll call him on Friday. I tried Collins Bros. on Wednesday. The guy I talked to said he would check to see if they had a good used one and call me back. Never heard back from him. I'll try him again on Friday also.

Comment

SMOKENCJ7, I sent you a PM

Comment

I did a search for you through the dealer network. There IS 1 new one shown in all of North America. It's at Hilltop Motors Inc Colchester Ct USA phone # 860-537-2331. Part # j3239479. Give them a call, they may or maynot have it but the call may be worth it.
                      It is shown as "no longer available" but they may be sittin' on dead stock. Good luck and let me know.

ragg

Comment

Thanks ragg. Is that a MOPAR part number?

Comment

Yep, do you need the # for the filter in the bottom as well ??? It's j3227279.

Ragg

Comment

U really NEED a canister?? I just cut off my cat conv and smog pump was gone when i got it.

Comment

If someone can tell me what to do with all of the hoses from the carb, gas tank, etc., I can do away with the canister. I am romoving my air pump and the catalytic converter will go away soon when I put on a header and redo the exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X