X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC2100 donors?

I've been searching around and haven't been able to come across what vehicles I can scavenge a MC2100 off of. I'll admit, my googling skills suck! But I want to find one with the PCV port on the back (I read somewhere that the older models of the carb came without one???) I know fords came with them (pick-ups only?) and some Jeep V8's, but which years of Ford and with what engine?

Thanks.

There is a guy on ebay that has been rebuilding and selling 2100s for a while. if I had found him sooner, I would have went that route instead of my $450 weber setup.

Ebay mc 2100

Comment

I saw on a post here that a guy paid around $250 for his from e-bay. After the exchange rate, shipping and taxes and what not I'd be looking at about $350 or more. So I want to find a used one and rebuild it. Then I just have to buy the adaptor plate and a throttle cable. Cheap ios better for me right now cuz I've dropped about $1000 on my Jeep in the last 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

you can also find them on ebay (not rebuilt yet) i have seen them there for less than $100 US. this website says amc 304 and ford 302

http://www.cjoffroad.com/writeup.asp?WU_ID=16&noAdd=1

Comment

After looking into the options, I am beginning to really sway towards the motorcraft carb.

My carter is a sick dog...runs ok when warm, barely when cold, tried to kill me after work one day, died while crossing lanes...not good.

I do have a bid in on ebay for a Weber, but if I don't get that one, I am going the MC2100 route I think.

If this is the same family carb that came on my old '79 Ford F150, then the dang thing is bullet-proof. I had the truck (literally!) standing on the tailgate after a hill-climb in a gravel pit...and yes, it was still running! This truck had the 351M, so I am not sure it was really the 2100, but heck, if it is the same family carb, it would be a great choice.

Comment

i have one. i just swapped motors, 258 for a 304 and went with a holley truck avenger. i will sell you the carb and all linkages for $150. i'll even throw in the intake manifold. the motor was just pulled last week and it ran with no carb problems. had bad blowby but no carb problems.

Comment

Hmmmm, if someone doesn't snatch it up from you in the next couple weeks I'll probably take it. I may have found a used one for free and would rebuild it. After shipping and exchange rate I'd be looking at least $200....but I'll get back to you. Thanks Fubar.

Comment

well, i don't want to hold onto it for long. i'm taking a bunch of motor parts to the scrap yard to sell for scrap and the rest will be ebayed. if you want it, you need to make a committment on it. i'll send you not only the carb, but the linkages. you'll need those to if you're doing a swap.

Comment

Working...
                X