X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to lube speedo cable ?

Speedo is jumping a little that usually means time to lube the cable, can I pull it the cable out from the bottom leaving the jacket hooked to the guage cluster and get it back again? Hate to work under the dash if I don't have to, always seem to knock off a wire or 2 reaching around under there. DP

If you're referring to the inner part of the cable, no. Not really sure what you're trying to do. Gravity would be working against you if you're trying to lube the cable from the bottom.

Comment

I just installed my new cable..its simple to unhook from both ends. Once you do this you can pull the cable from the jacket and lube it.

Comment

I wanted to pull the inner cable out from the bottom to lube it then put it back without messing with the guage end. DP

Comment

I am almost 100% sure that the cable has to be removed from the speedo side.

Comment

Originally posted by DPete
            I wanted to pull the inner cable out from the bottom to lube it then put it back without messing with the guage end. DP

Im pretty sure your going to have to remove both ends..Mine was very easy to hook back up...

Comment

I got it , it was easy and I had no problems. Inner cable comes out from the speedo end . Thanks DP

Comment

graphite would probably work pretty good, a lot of auto parts stores carry it to lube lock cylinders.

Comment

Working...
                X