X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Did What While The Forum Was Down

Who did what to their jeep while the forum was down?? We swapped in the Durango steering gear on my TJ. Like others have said, it makes a world of difference.

Installed a gas tank skid on my brother's cherokee, put in new steering column, new exhaust, got a welder. I'll tell you what, you can be more productive when the website is down. And more bored

Comment

I took 1200 dudes into the Helmand province in the largest air assault in the last 25 years.

I flew 95 hours of painfully hot missions.

I took four bullet holes in my Chinook.

I didn't see my own bed in a month.

I ordered a 2008 Electraglide Classic.

Comment

Wow, a bunch of stuff!!

1 Installed a tilt column from an S-10 blazer into the CJ
        2 Did the TFI upgrade on the ignition
        3 Built a front driveshaft after snapping mine in 2
        4 Upgraded the front hubs from the 5 bolt to the earlier 6 bolt style
        5 Swapped gears, went from 2:73's to 3:55's (big improvement!)
        6 Bought 2 Grand Cherokees, package deal, a '93 that runs, but has 220K miles on it, and a '97 that has been rolled, but only has 75K on it. So more to do there!!

7 Got voted in as a member in the local 4x4 club! Probably the best upgrade of them all!!

8 Went wheeling at the Gilbert, MN OHV park two times while the site was down.

I kept busy, but I'm glad it's up and running again!! Thanks Kell for all the work, and keeping me informed during it !! You

Comment

I wheeled the living crap out of my Jeep, burned up an alternator, replaced the alternator, broke a wire on an o2 sensor, Put on the black steelies, and I found out the clutch may be going out on my truck......and general complaining about gas prices.

Comment

I wheeled.

Comment

I rode passenger at Tellico.

I bought/traded for my own Jeep...so what if it has square headlights.

I drove pretty far to get tires for it.

I sold my last motorcycle to finance the rest of the YJ!

Comment

I didn't do as much as I had planned... but managed to

- put a lift on the 5ton 4x4
                - put new oil pressure lines and a new throttle linkage into the 5ton
                - found a front skip for cheap for the XJ, waiting to get it, it's scheduled for Tuesday

Comment

Woohooo!

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
                  I bought/traded for my own Jeep...so what if it has square headlights.
                  I put one of those little yellow smiley face balls on Myrtle's antennae. Evil, CONGRATS on the square headlights, man!

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
                    I put one of those little yellow smiley face balls on Myrtle's antennae. Evil, CONGRATS on the square headlights, man!
                    Thanks. I am working on makin' them round, though. I still have the CJ hood & grill. All I need are CJ fenders.

Comment

Holy Cow...

Originally posted by 47driver
                      I took 1200 dudes into the Helmand province in the largest air assault in the last 25 years.

I flew 95 hours of painfully hot missions.

I took four bullet holes in my Chinook.

I didn't see my own bed in a month.

I ordered a 2008 Electraglide Classic.
                      47, you're going to be very bored when you get a regular job. Thank you for all you do.

Comment

Let's see...

Got my eAss in trouble on JU...
                        Blew my rear ARB o-rigs out...
                        Mowed the grass...

That's about it.

Comment

well, i got my tranny rebuilt and replaced my water pump.

Comment

Lets see now...........

Pulled tank from skid plate,replaced fuel sending unit. Cleaned up skid plate and coated. Re-installed. Completed runnimg all new brake and fuel lines. Finished cleaning up frame and coated. Replaced Dana 300 transfer case with one I got off e-bay. Replaced rear u-joints and installed drive shafts. All new heater hoses. Got new fiberglass tub in place and mounting holes drilled. New grill and old hood installed. Had 33x12.50 BFG KO's mounted on my five new Pro comp extreme alloy's. There's more but I forget

Comment

Put on a Banks cat-back exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X