X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6 buick oddfire

hey, this is my first post...im 14 and i have a cj6 tuxedo...but i im debating weather or not i want to flog and adn beat the piss out of it....on the other hand my bestfriends uncle is selling his 79 cj7 with brand new body for 2grand i have 7grand saved up in account....and if i choose the cj6 it has a v6 buick oddfire and im wondering if that engine will get it done offroad the jeep is currently used as like a family trail driver that doesn't see much action so im just wondering what u guys think....any reply woudl be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by robmund; 05-31-2005, 07:04 PM.

Seven grand and 14 years old? Spend some of that $$$$ on the CJ7.

Comment

OMG
      You have a CJ-6 TUX. I wouldn't wheel that I would rebuild it. Spend the money on the CJ-7. Don't drop all of your money though. Save some for the features(problems) you will find/install(fix).
      No reason to go into total debt over a vehicle.
      I used to have a commando when I was younger and I didn't want it because it wasn't a CJ. Now I wish I had that vehicle, would be worth a lot of money. Save the Tux you will not regret it.

P.S. That engine is undestructable, you couldn't blow it up.

Comment

The Buick odd-fire V-6 is an awesome engine, will out-run any AMC 258 inline 6 on a bad day with 2 cylinders missing. The Tuxedo Park CJ-6 is a very rare bird and a perfect canidate for a restoration. (I didn't know that they even made them!) If it has a factory overdrive unit, it's extremely desireable. I would still wheel it, but I wouldn't modify it too much due to it's rarity. The '79 CJ-7 is a great rig, but certainly not rare, so you can modify it to you liking and not feel guilty. If your very tall, you certainly will be more comfortable in a CJ-7 and they handle 100 times better than an old CJ-5. Give & take.
        Last edited by Renegade; 06-02-2005, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Anybody have a pic of the CJ6 tux? how about posting it. DP

Comment

Link to a blog and a bunch of CJ6 info.
            http://www.boyink.com/supersizedutch

Rob if you get the 6 you should add pics to the blog.

As for the 6 itself and the Duantless 225, all thne info you'll ever need is on the home page and the forums at the link in my sig. Any early CJ5/CJ6/Dauntless/Hurricane question you have can be answered on the forum.

If you want a rig to beat on, buy the 7. If you want to take a classic and do enough mods to modernize it and make it highway-and-trail-capable but still retain alot of value, buy the 6.
            Obviously the 6 will take alot more skill, money and time to do it right...
            Good luck!!

Comment

Thank you for all your replies means alot...as for the pictures i will get those to u here int he near future....now i gotta go hunt becuase my friends uncle decied not to sell so now its to the junkyards and want adds any other places i should be looking?again thank you for replying

Comment

Working...
              X