X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines rubbing tires

The kid i bought my jeep from put all new stainless brake line on.

Every time i look, the lines are rubbing on the tires ( in front only ) and it already rubbed through the stainless line. I didnt know it was a stainless sheath over plastic or something, or do i have really cheap line or something.

Is there a bungee or something to keep them in place??

Thanks

Joe

On most lines you can loosen them at the calipers and then twist them a bit and then tighten them back down and they should stay. That worked for me anyway when mine were rubbing when I first changed them.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffm3434
      On most lines you can loosen them at the calipers and then twist them a bit and then tighten them back down and they should stay. That worked for me anyway when mine were rubbing when I first changed them.

That is what I did. Keeps the line away from the tire. Just watch out for the shocks. Mine now rub on there every once in a while.

Comment

My stainless extended brake lines are twisted to stay back from the tire. I also added a soft spring, about 3" long, one end zipped to the frame, one end zipped to the brake line, to keep the line away from the tire.

Comment

Zipped mine to one of the shocks. Just make sure you account for the flex and compression.

Comment

Working...
          X