X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple questions

I have 2 questions. One is i've had my lift on my 77 cj7 for about 7 years, it has a winch, v8, and heavy bumpers. Its got 4 inch suspension 2in shackels. I can barely clear my 35"s is this because my springs are sagging? my second question is can you do a body lift on a fiberglass body??

As far as a body lift on fiberglass, no problem. You just use the rubber mounting tubes that are sold at 4WD. You can cut just about any length you want. There might be a kit specifically for fiberglass, i don't know.

Why would you want a body lift??? I would try to figure out the suspension first if your trying to fit 35's. The 5" your supposed to get from your 4" spring and 2" shackle should be high enough (if working properly) for the 35's.

Comment

What do you mean by "barely fit? 35s are pretty tight in stock wheel openings but they do fit with just a suspension lift.

Comment

i mean that its only about 3 inches from the top of the fender with the shackels and springs. could that be from the leafs being saggy and wore out? also if i put a 2" body lift on and flat fenders do you think i could fit 38"s

Comment

It sounds like your springs are either not 4" lift springs or they are very worn out. How old are the springs. My friend has that same lift, he runs 33" with all kinds of fenderwell room. There really wouldn't be that much difference with the 35". If all your trying to do is fit a bigger tire and not to worried about performance off road, then go with the body lift.

Comment

to answer your two questions....YES and YES.

Comment

Working...
            X