X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangster Lean

I have a 4" spring lift on my cj5. I replaced all the shackles and all bushings when I did this. The drivers side is lower by 3/4" (only in the rear) and it is very noticable. I found that the shackle on the drivers side is pointing further back than the one on the right side. If I take a bar and force it the way it supposed to be it lifts the jeep to the perfect hieght, however when I release it, it goes back to where it was. This lift has aprx 1 mile on it so I know it is not spring sag. My question is am I overlooking something obvious here? I want it right, so whatever it takes I'll do. Any thoughts?

check the length of the spring from the center of axel to the end of spring.
    You could have a spring that is not as stiff. Did the arc look the same before you put it on?

Comment

I am going to watch this as i have the same issue
      Is Yours a Skyjacker?

Ryan

Comment

When you installed the lift did you tightened all the bolts while the jeep was off the ground? If so loosen all the bolts and retighten while jeep is on the ground. Run it for awhile and let it settle in. Good luck.

Comment

Motorhead, that makes sense, I will try that. I did tighten everything while it was on jack stands. As for the lift it is a rough country.

Comment

I put a 4" rough country lift on my cj7 and had the same problem. I tried all the suggestions and finally wound up getting some add a leafs and playing aroud with that untill i got a combo i was happy with. now it sits better.

Comment

Working...
            X