X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ne1 have a depth finder?? Did it again

Well, this kid was begging me to take him out in my jeep, and i did have to take a generator out to the developement anyway.

Man its dried up out here way to much, the only water i found was here and it got me right away, it only took me about 2 minutes to get stuck, i found a huge scraper track. Somehow the front end made it across, but the rear just couldnt make it.

I thought we were doing great, the water was only about a foot deep, but then the 3 foot deep scraper track got me, only a very small portion of my tire was showing.

been there done that, called a friend with 44's he came and just for fun pulled me around the hole place. have you ever had 6"of mud on top of every surface of a jeep

Comment

Goin' back for more...

Jodean,

Have you considered the purchase of a boat?

Cool pics...

Comment

Your next accessory should be an Evinrude.

Comment

Or a set of cat tracks.

Comment

so did ya make the kid swim ?
            scraper tracks are nasty
            Looks like you were having fun though

Comment

wow....you must really like changing all that gear oil! been in your shoes tho....

Comment

what are cat tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by beastiebrad
                  what are cat tracks?
                  Caterpillar, see avatar, nuff said.

Dude, you're not supposed to wheel in ponds that aren't finished!!!
                  LOL
                  been there, done that

Now I make the holes for people to get stuck in!!!!
                  see avatar...

Comment

Originally posted by nuttzach
                    wow....you must really like changing all that gear oil! been in your shoes tho....
                    That bringe me to my next question... If i put new seals in my front end, will they keep the water out. If not, i might as well just let it leak and keep changing oil.

Remeber, this is an off road rig that i rarely take into town, it is much more fun with the top off now though.

But if the new seals dont do anythign for water inside the pumpkin, i wont even bother with em. I only had about a cup of water in there after this incident. I assume some of the water was from the other times also. Havent checked the rear one yet, but the rear doesnt leak fluid. So am i allright then or do i need to change the rear also??

Comment

Originally posted by Scott82CJ7
                      Your next accessory should be an Evinrude.
                      I had thought about bringing the jet ski out there...

Comment

By the way, my drivers rear and pass front tire were not touching anything. I bet i would have made it if i would have pulled the pins on the sway bar, two tires in the air (or water) with no lockers aint goin nowhere!!!

You can tell my suspension is pretty tweaked from the front view pic.

I only got water inside when i opened the door while spinning. Small amount of water went in the end gate.

Hmm, we never tried rocking it either. Well when we pulled it out the jeep went straight up a foot before going forward.

Oh well it was fun.

Comment

Ne1 have some experience with the axle seals, should i replace the seals or the fluid every month??

Comment

Originally posted by Jodean
                            That bringe me to my next question... If i put new seals in my front end, will they keep the water out. If not, i might as well just let it leak and keep changing oil.

Remeber, this is an off road rig that i rarely take into town, it is much more fun with the top off now though.

But if the new seals dont do anythign for water inside the pumpkin, i wont even bother with em. I only had about a cup of water in there after this incident. I assume some of the water was from the other times also. Havent checked the rear one yet, but the rear doesnt leak fluid. So am i allright then or do i need to change the rear also??

Rust never sleeps. Pull the covers, flush w/light oil, replace the seals, then refill. Run your front, rear, & trans. vent tubes up under the hood.

gj

Comment

I think the "Deep water far away" pic is a scale model. Weird perspective or something - very cool. Bad place to park and get out though

Comment

Working...
                              X