Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quadratrac

Hi everybody,

My CJ has the 304 with the TH400 and Quadratrac. Which is fine so far... what I would really miss is a chance of having a two-speed transfer case. I know there were CJs with two speed Quadratracs available in '79 when mine was built. And if I am not completely wrong the two-speed option was just a bolt on to the Quadratrac...
    Does anybody happen to know if there is anything on the market (it is not over here at least) to change to two speed? Or any other idea? I'd like to stick to the TH400 and the Quadratrac since it runs great but off the road a two speed would be just wonderful :o)

Have a good day!
    Toralf

there was a low range that bolted onto the back of the case from the factory http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...in/qtrack9.jpg

Comment

Yep, it's available. Simple bolt on procedure. You've just got to find one......
      And congratulations on sticking with the quadratrac - not too many of us willing to do that. It's a pretty dependable transfer case.

MattJ

Comment

Prior to the hack of this site someone posted alot of great info.
        Checking the chain and what parts get worn.
        Too bad it's lost now

Comment

I PM'd you. I have 2 spare low range units.

BTW - I love my Quadra Trac as well. One tuff case. If maintained properly, it will give you better results than most any other tcase.

Here's some great info on the QT.

http://www.frontier.net/~mystkblu/quadratrac/

Comment

I have the factory service manual from 78 of the q-track scaned if any one wants it let me know

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz401
              I have the factory service manual from 78 of the q-track scaned if any one wants it let me know
              I got a 1982 scaned also. Got a machine that does it at work. had to set up the machine and I needed a test subject. So I cut the binding off and old 82 FSM I had and put it into the machine.
              But it did come out rather large. 413 mb with out the automatic transmission charts.

Comment

I also have a couple laying around that are in good shape if you are interested. I think shipping form the states is going to be a killer though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz401

I want it.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your replies.
                    I now have to figure out what the shipping to Germany would be... can't be too bad...
                    any idea what the weight of the tranfer case might be?
                    Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Toralf
                      Thanks a lot for all your replies.
                      I now have to figure out what the shipping to Germany would be... can't be too bad...
                      any idea what the weight of the tranfer case might be?
                      Thanks again
                      If you already have the Qt case, you only need the low range unit. It will bolt to your case. Ask fuzz401 for a copy of the factory service manual.

I think the wieght would be about 15 lbs or so and would fit in a box 12" X 12" X 12".

Comment

The weight of the whole transfer case? A LOT!!!!!!!!!! I recently finished laying under the jeep trying to lift that S.O.B. into place, and let me tell you, that bastard is heavy! I'm guessing 150 - 200 pounds with low range. Now, if you just need to ship the low range unit, it's about 40 - 50 pounds. Not too bad, I suppose.

Good luck,
                        MattJ

Comment

Working...
                        X