X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Clicking

I have a clicking sound in my driver side hub area. Thought it may be the brake pads...nope, then I checked the dust shield...not that either, then on to the bearings...they are near perfect. Jacked up the front end put the transfer and tranny in neutral, locked the hubs and gave the wheel a spin. Guess what, it clicked again. Thought it may be the ujoint but I couldn't be that lucky. Only clicks while going straight, but doesn't click all the time. Am I over looking or over thinking something here.

Maybe hub not fully engaging?

Comment

It clicks in 2 or 4 wheel. I am wondering if the rotor may be warped?

Comment

If it clicks from one side, that hub off and see if it goes away.

Comment

Ditto

I have the same problem. Interesting. Only happens after a few hours of sitting though, in a straight line, from one side, stops when brakes applied.
          No time to check it out. My opinion is the hub--I think I should have used a gasket instead of sillycone, the two-to-four clearance in the hub is too much of a fine line.

Comment

I had the same problem when I first got my CJ. Turns out the PO forgot to put in the anti-rattle clips in the front disc brakes. Just a thought.

Comment

Clicking

Try the Bearings, the locking nuts may not be tight, if they are sloppy, they will click.
              I had to track it down on my 75 CJ5 and thats what it was, it was drivers side outer wheel bearing.

Comment

Working...
              X