X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? About Lift And Shackles

I have just installed a 3" Black Diamond lift on my 79 cj-7 and I do not know why the shackles are tipped. The pins on the axles appear to be spaced out too far and that puts the springs where they attach to the shackles too far apart. When I drive it, there is alot of wander. The tech guys say that it is because I am running after market shackles on military wrap springs. Has anybody seen this before? Any suggestions would help. I tried to upload some pics but it would not let me. It kept saying that it timed out over 30 seconds. Also the Jamboree at 4wd was great anybody who didn't go missed out on alot of cool jeeps.
    Last edited by Brian 79cj; 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM. Reason: title

Measure the width of the spring.Take the center cross pin out,if you can it may be welded in, and grind a little off and reassemble.That is what I did.

Comment

Thanks jeep 450

Thanks jeep 450, but I am not sure if I should try and grind the pin on the springs or slot hole in spring perches? I need about 3/4" total so it would only be about 3/8" off each side. I think that might be too much for just the pins on the springs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian 79cj]Thanks jeep 450, but I am not sure if I should try and grind the pin on the springs or slot hole in spring perches?

UH? I was talking about makig the center pin shorter and reusing it to make the width of the shackle smaller.Mabey I didnt describe it the right way.

Comment

Working...
        X