Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator overflow tube

My cj just turned over 200 yesterday!
    To celebrate I am replacing the radiator overflow bottle. I've asked 2 friends how to shove that tube from the radiator back down into the overflow bottle. They had no idea and our phone conversations ended in an unsatisfactory way as I was no closer to a way to complete the process. Do I really pry the opening apart until the rubber hose will slide in -then tighten it back up with a clamp?
    Thank you for any help you can give me.

I didn't know jeeps were made in 1805.

I think about prying the tabs apart, I just drilled a little bigger and then put a clamp on it. I think if you pry you will not have to put a clamp on it.

Comment

A thought, I do not even use an overflow. A hose from the radiator to prevent nasty overflow on the grille at best (with coolant checks). A thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvatus
        A thought, I do not even use an overflow. A hose from the radiator to prevent nasty overflow on the grille at best (with coolant checks). A thought.
        I like to not mark my place where I rest my jeep. It really looks like bad manners when you pull up somewhere shut off your engine and spit green fluid on the ground.
        Just a personal preferance, no reason other than what I mentioned. Better way I saw was on my 79 that put it into the frame. Nothing like antifreeze in the frame to prevent rust.

Comment

Mark

I like to leave my mark.
          Ha!
          Antifreeze? It prevents rust to some extent?
          ?

Comment

Working...
          X