X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ tub swap ?

I trashed my CJ tub, and I had a queston about the YJ tubs. Are the rear wheel wells a rounded opening or are they squared off at the top? I think the square is goofy looking. Can you cut some more metal and put CJ flares on it?

They are square. If you want the round look, cut 'em and leave the flares off for that extra-mean look! Flattie and tube the front fenders for the total package!

Comment

They are square
      Round! Same as the CJ. Here's mine with a 92 YJ tub on it.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../772391_48.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jeepwhore
        Round! Same as the CJ. Here's mine with a 92 YJ tub on it.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../772391_48.jpg
        That is what I thought. But as I do not own one, I figured I could have seen a different one. Good to know I am not loosing my mind.

Comment

Ok cool, well I'm not as against a YJ tub now...
          what about the front fenders? did you use Cj or YJ? It will obviously have a Cj grill. And which windshield did you use?
          Just gatherin the facts...

Comment

Ooooohh, sorry about the square thing. I guess that's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep. I swear sometimes I can't keep all the models straight, especially now since I've got adamcj-5's cj3b on my mind. Anyways, I will also be using a YJ tub when the time comes for the CJ restoration.

Comment

what about the front fenders
              CJ fenders, grill and hood. I picked up my tub with the YJ windshield still on it and I wanted to keep it so I could have the front spreader bars for a little more protection in case it rolls over to have its belly rubbed again!

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get creative with the roll cage due to the half hard top I run in the winter. I could build it to tie the windshield into it, but after seeing the way my CJ's w/s frame wadded up in a roll, I dunno. Hopefully I won't get dumb and roll it again. Also gonna have 5pt harnesses to tie in somewhere. I might just cage the whole thing and tie the seats in if I can find the pipe.

YJ or CJ dash, or total custom?

Comment

CJ dash....trying to use the YJ wiper motor and heater assembly though.

Comment

Working...
                  X