X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft top

OK guys. I don't do it much but occasionally I do put up the soft top. But mine is so difficult to handle I don't like fooling around with it anymore. Is there a way I could maybe get TJ style hardware to work on mine. One that I can just go topless and back real quick. I know my 5 is shorter and I would have to do some modifying in that area but it could work right?

Nope, sorry. I have to say you are stuck with the crappy tops that are out for the CJ-5's. I swore at bestop when I was driving my CJ-5. That for some reason it the only top they make that isn't worth crap. I find out from others who have 5's the other manufactures are not any better. Something about the style of the 5's.
    If you do find a way to get a good top please let me know as I still have that CJ-5 and plan to fix it up someday. As it is I am giving away the bestop on it now to someone else on the board here that has no top. I guess a bad top in his mind was better than no top.

Comment

Dude, I love my Supertop... it is easy to take on and off.

Comment

It is new isn't it. I loved mine also. However with lots of up and down the velcro flaps gives way and you end up with wings when you are driving down the highway at 55mph.
        That is whay I hate the bestop ones. I do not have this problem with any other Bestop, only the CJ-5. I have seen and heard others complain about the same thing.
        And before you ask the top was two years old.

Comment

Working...
        X