X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 30 hub question

Is the dana 30 wheel bearing hub made of cast iron? I'm wanting to use a spare one I've got in the fabrication of my swingout tire carrier. I figure it would give me a neat way to carry a spare locking hub too.

Thanks,

IROKCJ5

Originally posted by IROKCJ5
    Is the dana 30 wheel bearing hub made of cast iron? I'm wanting to use a spare one I've got in the fabrication of my swingout tire carrier. I figure it would give me a neat way to carry a spare locking hub too.

Thanks,

IROKCJ5
    Yes they are cast...but before you use just the hub...consider this.
    If you get an extra spindle, make a flange with the 6 bolt holes, bolt on the spindle, install the hub with bearings all the nuts, and the rest, this will give you a complete set of extra parts for trail spares.

Comment

Thanks, I've thought of that but I don't have a spare and they cost about $92, and I'm not going to wait to find one. I think I've decided to mount the original spare tire carrier to my swing out A-frame. That is if it will look alright.

Thanks again.
      Irokcj5

Comment

Originally posted by IROKCJ5
        Thanks, I've thought of that but I don't have a spare and they cost about $92, and I'm not going to wait to find one. I think I've decided to mount the original spare tire carrier to my swing out A-frame. That is if it will look alright.

Thanks again.
        Irokcj5
        I got an extra spinle I could sell you really cheap.
        But how you going to keep the tire form rotating on the carrier?

Comment

Working...
        X