X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time problem

ok, i having troubles finding teh bell crank bushing and bell crank bushing clip. no part store around here has it. and i dont feel like paying 10$ shiping and handling for a 1$ part......... do i have other choices or do i bite the bullet?

This may not be professional, but it worked for me...
    I went searching one time for the same bushing and retainer.
    No avail..., thinking back, I may have not researched it far enough.
    Search hard enough, someone definitely has something you are searching.
    Easier said than done though.

Call 4WD and ask questions.

Looked for something, anything that worked.
    Found some plastic cylinder at a craft store--absolutely not pertaining to automotive--worked, for 2 years.

I don't think a clip is necessary (you can bend some hard wire to you favor), considering I never had any trouble with the bellcrank extending too far out to dislodge.

My opinion is to be resourceful.

My opinion only, all rights reserved.
    Last edited by Sylvatus; 08-29-2005, 07:21 PM.

Comment

if you dont want to pay for the shipping on a $1 part, order something else, up to the shipping charge cutoff. $0-15 is only $3 to ship anyways from 4wdh.

Comment

well, i think thats what i am going to have ot do. i gues i can order up 10 15$ now..... hmmm... waht to get...

it shouldnt be extending that much, but the body mount next to the mount for the bell crank is in not so good of shape..... so on realy hard bumps it moves just enough to pop of the bell crank on the trans. side. but, there is plenty of play on the other side, so, puttin the pin will make the play on the right side get used instead of just pulling of the trans. side. so i hope.

(yes, i know i need to fix teh body mount, but its hard when i dont weld. i just need to get a budy to help.)

Comment

Did 4wd change the shipping policy? Used to be less than $10 you get shipped free.
          I don't know, I haven't order that little in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin
            Did 4wd change the shipping policy? Used to be less than $10 you get shipped free.
            I don't know, I haven't order that little in a very long time.

I think UPS Ground is just about three bucks under $15 purchase.

If your b/mount is ill, I would have it cured. Putting clip on it may not solve anything--you just end up with a force on the side of the clip that may break/bend it and then crack the bushing. Then you end up at square one.

Comment

Working...
            X