X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no start

seem to have spark(in line tester at plugs),have fuel,carb opened,cranking fast

Then the spark isn't happening at the right time. adjust the ignition timing.

Are you 100% sure you are getting fuel? try pouring a little down the carb, just to be sure.

Comment

Or...

Spark isn't 'hot' enough. I've seen this quite a few times now and it seems the coil is a likely 'suspect'. As Diesel Man said, make sure it's makin' fire at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwater
        Spark isn't 'hot' enough. I've seen this quite a few times now and it seems the coil is a likely 'suspect'. As Diesel Man said, make sure it's makin' fire at the right time.
        I have been burned on this. Check coil also to make sure it is good. Most auto parts places can check it.

Comment

thanks for the direction. i put #1 at tdc and rotor way off. wish me luck.( not with the repair but with the wife)

Comment

if your rotor is 180 degrees off its because you do not have it on top dead center but cranked around once on the engine.

Comment

more like 90 degrees. pretty sure jumped time.just hoping valves are good. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X