X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ7 Front Bench Seat

Purchasing a 1977 CJ7 for parts and it has a front bench seat - was this an option? Owner claims it was and I believe him, the material matches the rear seat. ???http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41f71...3bVNDBQb36Qf7T
    Last edited by hoppym38; 09-17-2005, 10:37 AM.

rare butt bucket

I'm not sure if the seat was an option for that year but it was an option at one time. It is a pretty rare part. It might be worth taking out and preserving. My $.02 .

Comment

I think Blackwater's 77 has a bench seat.
      I know they had them but like CJ7258 I don't know what years they were offered.

Comment

Not me...

Originally posted by Penguin
        I think Blackwater's 77 has a bench seat.
        I know they had them but like CJ7258 I don't know what years they were offered.
        Not me, Penguin. I'd like to see a pic of this, though, Hoppy.

Comment

Front Bench Seat

Picking it up Thursday Morning - will post. Have found out the used these in Postal Jeeps but... it matches the rear seat! Sure looks like a 1977 seat, uses same seat risers as bucket seats. Actual it's a 2/3 1/3 split passenger getting 1/3. Thanks.

Comment

I have a front bench seat in my 1980 auto cj-7.

-Nick

Comment

I admit to being pretty old. I sold AMC Jeeps in the early '70s. I can not remember that AMC offered a bench at that time. All manual transmissions had floor shifters and there were no automatics at that time. That did not happen untill they offered Quadra-trac on CJs. I an sure folks asked for a bench, but they were not even offered as an option. I too would like to see a picture of your seat. AS to it "matching" the back seat, unless there is a Jeep logo on both seats, front and back, I would guess...seat covers.

Comment

my front and back seats are just the same material and same color

-Nick

Comment

Hey Bill there was a jeeper in my high school that had a bench seat. They had them, I remember that.

Comment

CJ Front Bench Seat

Front Bench Seat - 1977 CJ7
                    http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41f71...Ws0KDB3Wfo5e8Y
                    Last edited by hoppym38; 09-17-2005, 03:05 AM. Reason: Trying to post pictures.

Comment

Found this?

Dont know what year?file to big, Here is the link: http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dyna...cboysjeep.html
                      Last edited by HEATHEN; 09-17-2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

at least for me the pic isn't working... too bad, but be nice to see a bench, I never knew there was that option except for the postal rigs which had benches (at least the ones I've seen so far). over here they never opt benches, I've collected all the dealer specs since centuries and did not found a bench mentioned...

Comment

Working...
                        X