X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOPS 'n DOORS 'n THINGS

I've got an OE soft top and OE soft doors. As I understand, the doors won't work with a besttop softtop, but OE hard doors will. Now I talked with californiatops about a fastback top and they said that their top will work with either hard or soft OE tops. Anyone have any insight? Are the dimensions of hard doors and soft doors that different or does Besttops just want to sell you doors also.

Now I talked with californiatops about a fastback top and they said that their top will work with either hard or soft OE tops
    Is this a typo?, did you mean hard or soft oe doors? This would lead me to believe they have 2 styles of top to accomodate the diffenet doors, not that they have one top that will work with either. As for your main question, yes, the shape of the back upper corner of the doors is quite different. Soft doors are much more square at that point than hard doors are. Your options are to either get hard doors, half doors with rounded soft uppers to work with the new top, or buy a top that will work with the oe soft doors or half doors with square uppers.
    Last edited by jeepwhore; 09-21-2005, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks man, that's what I thought. I'm looking for hard doors somewhere close 'cause freight is killer. I'll have to wait on the top til then.

Comment

Your in TX, how hard can it be? All of the doors I find I want, are down by you.
        They really don't take that much to ship, UPS can do it.

Comment

Penguin, that's funny you say that, it seems like all the doors I want are up north. I can never figure why you would not want hard doors and top up there in winter. And I'm paying nearly $400 in freight for an '04 D44 out of MI.

Comment

Wow, someone else that has a bad of luck finding things as I do.
            You are right. I went on Ebay and it seems I bought my doors to early. Should have waited and I wouldn't have had to pay shipping on two sets of doors.
            Figures, should have known.
            However I did find some that were not to far from you. But you will have to travel across Hurricane alley for these, but they will ship them for a good price.
            Doors

Comment

Yea, there ara some in west houston right now on EBAY, but he wants cash and pickup in three days. In three days he will be swimming or gone and the Army won't let me in. I got in a situation like that a couple 'O years ago on EBAY and he blackballed me even though he could not ship. Weird deal but he contended that I agreed to the purchase. He kinda had me. They resolved everything, but I see the whole picture much better. I don't mind driving in the rain, but the traffic out of Houston right now s***s. I have customers
              coming in that have been on the road for 36 hrs. For a 150 mile drive.
              "TRYIN TO REASON WITH HURRICANE SEASON " Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Working...
              X