X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkle for a CJ

Does anyone make, or has anyone made their own snorkle for a CJ-7 (258cid) ?? I realize with it being carburated that a may be a feat but I want one.

ragg

Cosmetics...

Well, Rag... I got one of those freebie dvd's last week from JP Magazine. It was a documentary on a 4X4 showdown with several different types of vehicles. (The Jeeps OWNED the contest by the way.) If you don't mind cuttin' big holes in things you can do what a few of them did. They came right up through the hood and over the top with what looked like the right diameter of vent hose. I think on a 304 this measurement is 5". Whatever, you just gotta make sure you got a good seal at the carb. These guys were sitting in water (I mean literally sitting in it) with their Jeeps gluggin' away. It wasn't pretty but it was functional. I guess when the motor can breathe like that its all up to your ignition system then. The problem is water getting into so many other places you don't need or want.

Comment

Thanks Black', I thought about possibly plumbling it in through the firewall. I was just hopin' I could get something that would just "bolt on".

ragg

Comment

Pm

Raggmann, sent you a note.

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...1/DCP_2124.jpg

Not true snorkel but it definatly helps. I've been up to my hood and it was ok

-Nick

Comment

I could do something like that, and plumb the "open" end in thru the firewall.

thanks,
            ragg

Comment

Look at walmart for dryer hose and duck tape. It cost me $8 and 10 min. it wasn't too bad

-Nick

Comment

Will A Stock Air Filter Housing For A 304 V8 Fit On A Holley Carb...?

Comment

If the 304 came with a MC2100. As far as I can tell they came with either a Carter BBD or a MC2100.

Comment

Call me Krazy

Snorkles are actually make your engine lose a little bit of power if you have a carborater. Cold air is good for an engine, but if you introduce cold air to a carborater really fast you lose a bit of power. It works great with fuel injection, but carbs aren't as adaptive as fuel injection. Eventualy I think you do get some of the lost power back if the engine has been runing for a while though. I heard this weird info on the show "Trucks" i believe. If you do lots of swimming in your jeep, then it is totally worth it. Also, if I were to put on a snorkle, then I would have it come out the side, like out of the fender or something. that way you wont have problems opening the hood or laying down the windshield. Just my dos cent.

Comment

I've thought of putting a snorkel on mine not for water so much as dust. We get a lot of airborne sand and dust during the summer months, or any time it's as dry as it is here now.

Comment

Working...
                      X