X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj5 overall length

Ive searched and didnt find anything, im sure someone has asked before.

I came into a situation where i might have to pick up two cj5's

Will they both fit on a 16' trailer, maybe on hanging over a little, definetally no tires overhanging. Anyone know the measurement from bumper to bumper??

Guessing weight to be around 3000 lbs, one is fiberglass body, other is fiberglass front. Any ideas?? one is 258, other is 304, and no tops.

Sorry bud, they won't fit.

the wheelbase on a cj-5 is about 95 or 96 inches, so two of those is about 15.9 ft give or take not counting the front and rear overhang. You'll need to make 2 trips.

:edit: sorry 'bout that, the cj-5 hs an 81 inch wheelbase, for a combined length of 13.5 feet, still don't think it will fit w/o the rear tires hanging off since wheelbase is from center of contact front to center of contact rear, no way to get the jeeps close enough to only have 13.5 feet of solid jeep.
    Last edited by tracraym; 11-13-2005, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I just moved the rear end on a cj5 back 4 1/2" and the wheel base ended up being 86" total so stock is somewhere around 82".

Comment

The stock wheelbase for a CJ-5 is 81 inches. So Id guess for my CJ5 the overall length is somewhere around 8 and a half feet. It would be close to fit 2 on a 16 foot trailer. But just take the bumpers off if it came down to it.

Comment

My frame is 11' front to back.

Comment

ya, the frame goes the whole distance front to rear, bumpers would only give me a inch or two.

Looks like im only going to get one now, i lost the other one.

Heres some pics of the one im going to get.

73 cj-5 fiberglass body and fresh paint.
            Last edited by Jodean; 06-12-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Hey Jodean what a nice lookin old Jeep. great to see one of the 'good ones' getting some much deserved TLC.Take care of that ride.What are your plans for it from here?

Comment

Well, for now i just bought it to resell in spring, but i suppose as i look at it all winter it will probrably get a 4" lift and my old 35's with chrome wheels. Then i will have to debate wether to keep the cj7 or the cj5.

I got it for $2000, and around here it should bring $3500-$4000 even without a lift. So its a no brainer why i got it.

This is the one i missed out on, its trail ready, harnesses, full rollbar, fire ext, lift, fuel cell. I couldnt bid fast enought, 8 bids at the last 10 seconds, my wife was pretty mad, it was going to be hers....
                Last edited by Jodean; 06-12-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X