Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Fog Light Aux. Winsheild Mount??? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fog Light Aux. Winsheild Mount???

    I am getting ready to install a set of lights on the aux. windshield mount. My question is for those who have already done this: Where did you run the wires to get them into the vehicle? I was thinking that I would drill a hole through the windshield pillar, but do not want to if I can avoid it in case I ever take them off. On the other hand I do not want to ghetto rig them by just runinng the wires through the door jam for apparent reasons. Any advice or suggestions would be greatlt apprciated!!!

  • #2
    Well first off you shouldn't mount fog light up high like that. They are meant to be low to get under the fog.
    If you are putting driving or spot up there you only have one of two choices, permenent or getto.

    Comment


    • #3
      I meant driving/flood light. I am not that dumb to realize that you do not want to mount a fog light up that high. Thank you though.

      Comment


      • #4
        No ghetto boyz here

        http://home.neo.rr.com/reinvestments...ht%20mount.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Fubar... That looks good. Was it easy to drill through the metal there? I'm liken it, that is exactly what I had in mind. A guess that is the way to go.

          Comment


          • #6
            my windwhield is glass, not metal. but either would be easy to drill. i ran the wire through the wiper motor spot. just make sure your wires don't get caught in the wiper linkage on the pside and use a good heavy gauge wire. keep in mind that if you do serious wheeling that something coming too close to the side or a flop will rip off that wire.

            Comment


            • #7
              No, I understand your windshield is glass or at least I would hope it is. I was reffering to the picture in your post that has the wire going into the windshield pillar.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 01nvaheep
                No, I understand your windshield is glass or at least I would hope it is. I was reffering to the picture in your post that has the wire going into the windshield pillar.
                His windsheild frame is glass(fiberglass). Mine is the same way. I think steel would be easier to work with then the glass. Mine was pretty thick there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lost-One
                  His windsheild frame is glass(fiberglass). Mine is the same way. I think steel would be easier to work with then the glass. Mine was pretty thick there.

                  i have a fiberglass windshield frame. i don't know that either is easier to work with. i have a dremmel with a bit that would work on fiberglass or metal. mine wasn't that thick there. fibertec sucks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FUBAR

                    i have a fiberglass windshield frame. i don't know that either is easier to work with. i have a dremmel with a bit that would work on fiberglass or metal. mine wasn't that thick there. fibertec sucks.
                    Mine came from 4wd. PO installed it. I like the one I have.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I gothcha. I did not realize you were talking about the other glass!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i pmed you for an install that isnt ghetto and doesnt require drilling

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i drilled a hole at about the same location but on the front side of the windshield frame. that way less of the wire loom is seen and its less likely to get snagged by brush!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X