X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitch Problems!!!

Hello, I have already tried searching for information on this topic but couldnt find the solution to my problem. I bought a hitch for my o1 XJ and when i went to look at the frame rails today i noticed that the threads inside the frame rail on my drivers side arent visible but they are visible on the passengers side. What do i have to do to get my hitch on safely?

Nut Strip

Or it is called something like that. I think you can get them at a good parts store or hitch shop. You can also get them from a Jeep dealer. Basically it is a metal strip with weld nuts on it. You insert it through the end of the sub frame rail. This will involve taking the rear bumper off. Not overly exciting but I guess it could be a pain.

This is what I know,

Comment

Here's what the nutsert looks like.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/fa19a054.jpg

To replace them, remove the bumper then the bumper mounts. There is probably a bolt on the first nut (the first on the left in the above picture) that holds it in place in the frame rail.

Comment

ok thank you!!! you all are great. What would have caused my drivers side to go loose?

Comment

Originally posted by Cazlax
          ok thank you!!! you all are great. What would have caused my drivers side to go loose?
          Since you only have the one screw in back holding it on and the factory really just snugs them down, rust in the frame rail and rust on the nutsert has caused a gap to form between the two surfaces.

Comment

Alright well thank you all very much for your help!!!

Comment