Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
jeep is down Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jeep is down

    question? changed my tranny last year to a newer french one 89 from the 87 one, my question is, they had different starters but my old one bolted up to it, and worked for a while. then i started to go through starters about every 3-4 months the starter gear would get eaten up... now it wont even turn the motor are there shims maybe? or should i try the newer starter. which envolves changing the silonoid[sp] just wondering any thoughts as to shimming ? never had to before....

  • #2
    Where on the gear is it tore up?
    Shimming is on ly going to move it back farther
    How does the fly wheel look?


    • #3
      You should be using the starter type that comes on the year of the transmisson.


      • #4
        fly wheel looks ok.. the starter gear is tore up towards the top about a quarter of the way down guessing i should just try the other starter....