X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! I hear SCREAMING!

Help! I have spent a lot of money trying to get the "grabbing" I am experiencing after I have run my 95 Grand Cherokee for about 30-40 miles. I tried new axels, Hub-Bearings and rotors. I have now been told that it may be the transfer case.
    When I turn into a space or back out of one I get a jerky/grabbing in my drivetrain. I have had it in the shop and we have replaced a bunch of things but it still persists. I am now hearing a whinning or slight screaming sound when I get to a certain speed. If I give it gas it stops for a while.
    It sounds like it may be the gears. Is this a common problem? I do know that I have a broken motor mount. Also there is a fair amount of play in the steering.
    Please help!!!
    Paul "Bulldog" McMahon

wow this is intresting. so a jerky grabbing in teh drivetraing and what about the bearing on the tcase output shaft?

Comment

Can you think of anything else? Nobody else has replied.
      Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

OK just to start off on the right foot I don't have a grand Cherokee but don't they have anti lock brakes and do they have traction control? Maybe the sensor is bad? Or a wire in between... I had a truck that would run great every morning but about 5 miles down the road it would run bad it turned out to be a wire that when hot would expand and brake the connection (or at least change the resistance in the wire) I replaced the wire and never had the problem again.

Comment

Working...
        X