Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining noise from underneath GC

Hello from downunder

I purchased a new GC Laredo in November last year and have had no problems so far, however about a month ago I started hearing a very faint whineing noise coming from under the vehicle. It had a rubbery sound similar to a slipping belt of some kind. I check the belts and there was no slippage.
    The noise comes and goes, but normally is on startup (once I begin moving) and then stops anywere up to 20mins later. There seems to be no apparent reason why it stops (speeding up, loading the engine or anything).
    I went to take it back to the dealer when I heard it last, but the noise stopped before I arrived there. The service department had a quick look but could not find anything - they thought is may have been a stone in the brake calipers but this was not the case.

Anyone got any ideas? - Obviouly I will take it in for a thorough check with the dealer, but want to save some bucks if someone knows what it could be first.

Cheers

I donno if this could be the problem but it sounds similar to one I had on my 99 Cherokee. For some reason some of the Cherokees had a noisey t-case, took it back to the dealer and complained about the wierd noise I was hearing from underneath, they put in some kit they had and it went away. It wasn't a surprise to them, I guess they've figured out what the problems were and had the stuff to fix it right away, maybe mention it to the dealer when you go in and see if they think this might be the problem

Hope this helps,

Matt

Comment

Working...
    X