X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new gearing

I need to run new gears in my jeep. i was thining 4.10 ratio with the stock diffs. would there be any problems with this?

Heh Steve, what tires are ya gonna be runnin??? 4.11 are a great gear option. Loved them in my Stroked YJ w/35's

Comment

31-32's I have a set of cooper discoverer a/ts 31's that i run occasionally, instead of full time, since they no longer make them and i love them. but i am going to get some gnarly @$$ tires for ripping it up. what do you guys suggest tire wise?

Comment

My wife just put a set of 31 Firestone Destiny MT's under her ZJ. So far they are doing great. We are headed for the Outer Banks next week and we will see how they do in the sand. Firestone has had so much bad PR over the last few years that these were the cheapest tires we found that met the specs we were looking for.

Comment

good rule of thumb:

30's = 3.73
          31's = 4.11
          33's = 4.56
          35's = 4.88

so if you're going to do a lot of highway with 32's, go with 4.11's... if you want more crawl offroad, go with 4.56's (same goes for other sizes... you can run 4.56's with 31's, but you'll loose MPG on the highway... a little give and take all around)

i'm running 31's with stock 3.73 gears and have no issues... but i'd love me some 4.11's, but i also want to run 33's at some point... so i'm holding out for some 4.56's. we'll see.

Comment

Working...
          X