X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long arm short arm?

98 grand cherokee with 3.5 short arm lift and 31 x10.50 s/s . I saw another one today was a short arm also but looked to be about a six in lift ? My question is how to get more lift with same short arm already installed (spacers , longer springs) dont want the wheels to close to the wheel wells
    obviously cause that looks stupid . Also want to keep the 31's and just go to pro-comp 31x12.50 on stock 5 spokes any input?

Originally posted by jeepinjoey View Post
    98 grand cherokee with 3.5 short arm lift and 31 x10.50 s/s . I saw another one today was a short arm also but looked to be about a six in lift ? My question is how to get more lift with same short arm already installed (spacers , longer springs) dont want the wheels to close to the wheel wells
    obviously cause that looks stupid . Also want to keep the 31's and just go to pro-comp 31x12.50 on stock 5 spokes any input?
    Long Arm. If you lift the Jeep more with factory components you are creating troublesome angles on control arms and track bars. Think about the angle of a short arm compared to a long arm, a long arm moves the pivot point back 2 feet further and creates a slower movement when the suspension travels. This all equals a better ride and better performance.

My Fiance's TJ has a 4" short arm lift with 35's and it rides worse than my trail only 6" Long arm Cherokee. Her Jeep darts and dives all over the road, it scared me enough to buy her a Honda to drive for the winter.

The TJ is going to get a long arm very, very soon.

The ride difference is worth the extra money. Hope this helps you make your decision.

Comment

Working...
    X