X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake problem

Our WJ's back drivers side brake always squeals. We took it to the dealer, it's under warranty. They said it had a little rust built up on the edge. So they cleaned it off and it was ok for a day or so then it started back up. It changes pitch all the time. The pads seem to be loose fitting is there a spacer or something that cold be missing? I don't know a lot about ABS disc brakes, never had them before.

Take it back to the dealer since they've serviced it without it being fixed... (my 2 cents)

If worse comes to worse try some disc brake quiet compound and put it between the back of the pads and the caliper.

Comment

The big problem is it squeals all the time just not when the brakes are on. I'm going to take it back to the dealer just wondering if any one else had the problem and had a cure I could tell the dealer.

Comment

I'm an ole' jeep tec from the stealerships, I always used anti-sieze compound on all mating surfaces of the brakes, except of course where the pads meet the rotors. never, never used the blue or red stuff, always gets hard and dont work as they claim it to. Good luck....

Comment

Working...
        X